Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Now with more pictures

Account Disabled Array
    Nice Project

Any particular reason to use a root type charger over the centrifuge type chargers?

It's not a roots blower. It's a twin screw compressor. It has internal compression unlike a roots which only moves air.

The centrifugal blowers need to get wound up like a turbo and their efficiency changes markedly with speed, therefore they suffer from lack of torque down low.

Account Disabled Array
    Ok cool,

2.4l bottom end will help that low end torque!

In for some results

bump for latest pics

Bit of an update, got everything in and plumbed up, the intercooler was massive and worked sweet, but i had some issues with the hoses getting sucked in and would have been forced to either line them or make them out of aluminium. Given the tight spaces and that the throttle response was diminished with the large air volume. I probably should have used 2.5 inch everything rather than 3 inch everything.

Well anyway, what i'm doing is having a laminova style intercooler cut into a billet of aluminium and that's going under the supercharger and above the inlet manifold. Plenty of height to play with in the lotus.

This should sort all my issues.

anyway, pics here:

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Wow

Looking good man!

Can't wait for some dyno and lap times
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    love it!
    BARPPP

297hp at the wheels in 42 degrees with a bit of a boost leak and an undersized intercooler rad.

Mad props to Joel and William and the guys from tokyo motorsports for all their help and patience today.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Damn that's huge. Nice work bro must be an absolute animal to drive. How do you go putting the power down?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Damn that's huge. Nice work bro must be an absolute animal to drive. How do you go putting the power down?
    through the rear wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Keen for some seat time in this beast.