Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amp for Euro ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Amp for Euro ?

G'Day,
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible and worthwhile adding a amp to a Euro to give it some boost. I don't want a sub woofer, so if worthwhile, about how much. Hopefully $300 would give me the 'something extra' I want ?
    Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro2005
    G'Day,
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible and worthwhile adding a amp to a Euro to give it some boost. I don't want a sub woofer, so if worthwhile, about how much. Hopefully $300 would give me the 'something extra' I want ?
    Thanks.
    What is the "extra" you want? Surely it is not mere volume as the factory unit can reach a decent volume. If you want better sound new speakers and amp would be the way to go. I don't see what just an amp is going to do.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    amp isnt gonna do anything, if you want more go out about buy some better speakers. $300 wont get you too far either unfotunately
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    yer if u want better sq get some nice splits u can get some good ones for 300 second hand but new u can get so ok stuff for 300 rld depends on what u want
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    What is the "extra" you want? Surely it is not mere volume as the factory unit can reach a decent volume. If you want better sound new speakers and amp would be the way to go. I don't see what just an amp is going to do.
    Ok ,I want to boost the quality and volume. I want to be able to fly down the highway with the windows down and still be able to hear my cd clearly with good bass but not thumping. Is their any suggestions for speakers and amp that will make a quality differance for a fair price ?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Ok ,I want to boost the quality and volume. I want to be able to fly down the highway with the windows down and still be able to hear my cd clearly with good bass but not thumping. Is their any suggestions for speakers and amp that will make a quality differance for a fair price ?
    You are using a heap more fuel doing that!

Anyway, if I was you I would just go somewhere like JB-hifi - ask the staff in car audio to help. You should be able to get decent brand name speakers and an amp that will be better and louder than stock.

Buy 4 speakers and perhaps use 2 old Euro speakers and put them in the rear doors (there is space for them - but no speakers at the moment).

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    With new speakers and a amp, will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Yes

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Yes
    Thankyou

What amp and speakers would you suggest for between $400 & $700

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Sorry mate - I am not an audio expert - I am using the stock Euro sound.

The best thing I think you can do is to go to lots of car audio shops and LISTEN to different speakers. Ask for advice. Everyone is different and has different tastes - what sounds good to me may sound crap to you.

If you wish to improve the factory system without breaking the bank, simply add some sound deadening and diffuser panels.

This will help the system immensly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well how much would I have to spend