Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'

Any one experianced tuning 4x ITB`s

Hey all,

I recently just purchased a 92 civic and its had a massive backyard job and have been installed 4xITB`s and its seriously killing me.. its giving me issues and issues.. i think i might just try and sell the car.. any help would be appreciated..

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes,I have spoken via PM to prada..and I wish I could help but distance is a problem..

The car is a d16y4 or 8? with ITB's.He is unsure what ecu it's running and if it's been tuned or not but it was running before.

He really needs someone with experience to go over and have a look,if someone is able too...

Did U say U are in Liverpool area prada?

Maybe TODA or is it henny's or something,maybe nearby..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'
    its a d16y4.. i was at TODA yesterday.. without doing a full engine swap its pretty much useless....
    And yes its still running stock ECU and there is no point putting another one in because it has its own seperate fuel line..
    Its a pain in the ass..

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    The y4 ecu is useless,U cant run a stand alone ecu in them,well U can but it's a HUGE effort..because of the 3 wire IACV sensor.Honda's normally run a 2 wire system and supposedly THAT changes everything!

So it was running before with the stock ecu then!?

If it's just the itb's then U can just swap a stock Intake manifold in and reset the ecu.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Is it running injection, with itbs, or quad carbies?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    They're not injected quads as such..
    They're Keihin CVKD 36mm constant velocity diaphragm type carburetors from a ZXR 750 bike.
    The vehicle is a carb model EG & the ECU does very little except control the dissy to a small degree as the dissy is equipped with vacuum advance & the now missing "prince of darkness" vacuum control box for the OEM carb.

TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'
    there we go.. that pretty much explains it..

And you forgot to add the shitty wiring that is everywhere.. and the maze of blocked pipes...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    So can prada just put the stock Intake manifold in,reset the ecu and all good Adrian?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'
    not a chance.. im missing pipes and cables... my engine bay is so out of wack... i wish it was that simple..

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    So just to be clear,did the previous owner put the itb's on and hoped it worked? And U said it was going before?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'
    yea.. pretty much the story i have been told was that they brought it off a guy who`s grand father done this bullshit. they brought it for $6,500 and had it for like 8 months and had no problems.. i brought it for 3 and i cant drive it.. its completely screwed...

On the rego papers, theres a different engine number, so i need a blue slip to change it and i can guarantee no one will pass this shit.. which means that i gotta do the car transfer into my name with the wrong engine number...
    Just bullshit hassles.. and not cause ive brought the car.. the guys i got it from... now there mobiles are always turned off.. its bullshit..

It drove ok on the test drive.. drove ok on the way home. thats when we noticed 2 of the 4 ITBS wernt even connected to the motor..since then its allllll down hill...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Keep ya head up Champ.