Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Vicroads and JDM Foglights + little mods

Hi guys i got an ej8 and moving to Melbourne this christmas, i was wondering if i can use the clear jdm foglights at night time? I heard from a fellow ozhonda that its illegal to have yellow ones turned on at night time but its okay to have the clear ones on at night time. Can anybody confirm?

Also for P1 drivers is it true that you have to leave your car stock (performance wise)? Because i was planning on adding a CAI and a few light mods onto it. Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    3 demirit points and $250 fine if driving with foglights on in any conditions except for fog.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    But yeh u cant have yellow anyway, need clear. And you wont get done for having a CAI
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    omg are you serious??? Even if your bulbs in the foglights arent even bright??? O_O
    LOL

Daniel i believe it's just a fine not demerit points. Well that's when my brother got book'd about a year ago..

Wouldn't stress to much about the P1 stuff dude, i modified my car the day i got it and i was still red p's.. never had a problem with my Injen on my DC5

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Daniel i believe it's just a fine not demerit points. Well that's when my brother got book'd about a year ago..

Wouldn't stress to much about the P1 stuff dude, i modified my car the day i got it and i was still red p's.. never had a problem with my Injen on my DC5
    Oh yeah okay, cos i was reading the vicroads rules for p plates and they say u cant do like any mods to your car :S

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Oh really? When my mate got done in his sv6 he copped 3 points.. And op the only rule to follow is the one passenger rule! I always took passengers til i went in the one point option lol
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    LOL fair enough, like now it makes me think twice on whether to get jdm foglights or not =|

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Put them on, just use them in moderate rain and weneva its foggy!
    You gota be unlucky to get done for having foggies on wen ur not allowed to but, depends wat kind of a day the cop has had lol
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Put them on, just use them in moderate rain and weneva its foggy!
    You gota be unlucky to get done for having foggies on wen ur not allowed to but, depends wat kind of a day the cop has had lol

X2 for sure
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '11 Euro CU2
    There's a reason why its called fog lights. I had my white ones on my rav4 at night, going through a booze bus, the cop told me to turn them off.

So it doesnt really matter if its yellow or white as long as its used appropriately then you would be fine.

Another thing, why is everyone having them on these days??? so annoying seeing 4 white lights shining at you =="

Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    omg are you serious??? Even if your bulbs in the foglights arent even bright??? O_O
    LOL
    you get a dim torch and shine it in your eye, see if you get dazzled.

It's not how bright it is, it's where it's pointing.