Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalSkull View Post
    mattsrea > Fog lights are to be used in fog....

AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 217

217—Using fog lights

(1) The driver of a vehicle fitted with front fog lights or rear fog lights must not operate the fog lights unless the driver is driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility.

Offence provision.

(2) In this rule:

"front fog light" means a light (other than a headlight) fitted to the front of a vehicle to improve illumination of the road in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds.

"rear fog light" means a light (other than a brake light, a tail light, a number plate light or a reversing light) fitted to the rear of a vehicle to make the vehicle more easily visible from the rear in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/s...r210/s217.html

soo true, i got fined $150 for having my fog lights on............ strangely enough they didn't even bother to check my HIDs, LEDs, height, exhaust or intake......

however this was by highway patrol on the calder... i've never had troubles in the metro areas..

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Does anyone know if they're cracking down on HID's now? Two of my friend's have been recently done for HID's and other mods as well (but HID's was what drew the attention in the first place).

I drive a 2011 CU2 so I have projectors/it's a new car.. would they care as much? My lights have a cutoff mark.
    i hope they are, good riddance. ****ing ricers

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    i hope they are, good riddance. ****ing ricers
    I just don't like cars without projectors having them/they point to the sky.

Ouch.

I installed Driving lights on my old accord and used them at night and in the rain and I never got told off by cops even at late night breath test stations when i had them on.

Same on my new FK2.

I only use them at night and in the rain, but i always drive with my low beams on all the time since my car does not have DRLs.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    I just don't like cars without projectors having them/they point to the sky.
    i meant cars that dont come with them standard, but even cars with them standard blind the **** out of me

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    i meant cars that dont come with them standard, but even cars with them standard blind the **** out of me
    Because people these days do not bother to read a car manual and see what that little switch that says 0 1 2 3 with a picture of a headlight does(leveling system for headlights).

If i am going to carry something in the back i make sure i set it to 1 or 2 so i dont blind others.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Sorry for the late replies guys, i been busy settling into my new Melourne home. Another question on little mods, i was planning to lower my ej8 and i got this photo of x3cindymichael who's selling his ej8 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...da-Civic-Coupe)

Now i dont plan on getting King Springs but my question is, if i were to drop my ej8 approximately the same as the King Superlows, would it be a defect since the guards are kinda covering the tyre? Because x3cindymichael's ride height's are the options for my car. Thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    Sorry for the late replies guys, i been busy settling into my new Melourne home. Another question on little mods, i was planning to lower my ej8 and i got this photo of x3cindymichael who's selling his ej8 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...da-Civic-Coupe)

Now i dont plan on getting King Springs but my question is, if i were to drop my ej8 approximately the same as the King Superlows, would it be a defect since the guards are kinda covering the tyre? Because x3cindymichael's ride height's are the options for my car. Thanks guys!
    it cant be lowered more than a third of your shocks and you must have at least 100mm clearance from ground to lowest point of your car. although cops dont look at the guards that often, its still illegal apparently. The chances of them getting you fall that is really low as they'll prob get you for the low clearance over the lowered guards.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    it cant be lowered more than a third of your shocks and you must have at least 100mm clearance from ground to lowest point of your car. although cops dont look at the guards that often, its still illegal apparently. The chances of them getting you fall that is really low as they'll prob get you for the low clearance over the lowered guards.
    Ahh right thanks, well i was looking at Tien S-techs which lower 1.9F and 1.7R which is both less than the 50mm legal limit although it does look pretty low. I was doing some google search and some guy installed the Tien S-techs on his em1/ej8 and it looked like this

Im running on 15x7 xxr 501s which is kind of similiar to the stock em1 wheels in the photo i think. Would i get approximate the same drop as that? The S-techs i'm looking at are http://www.ebay.com/itm/280707441841...witem=&vxp=mtr

Very cheap and authentic

My car is sitting at a ride height where i can fit my chucks in lol

Last edited by mattsrea; 31-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.

With those rims the car should be slammed IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dnapol View Post
    With those rims the car should be slammed IMO
    lol slammed as in like 3inch drop? O.O