Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^yeah just like shitty HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Put them on, just use them in moderate rain and weneva its foggy!
    You gota be unlucky to get done for having foggies on wen ur not allowed to but, depends wat kind of a day the cop has had lol
    +1 to that!

But it's not like u can actually see much with them anyway. I have oem fogs on my prelude and u seriously can't see shit with foglights only... and in rain/fog it makes hardly any difference. They're aimed so low it's almost pointless. i think they're more 'to be seen' with rather than 'to see with'.
    Last edited by curtis265; 03-11-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post

+1 to that!

But it's not like u can actually see much with them anyway. I have fogs on my prelude and u seriously can't see shit with foglights only... and in rain/fog it makes hardly any difference. they're more 'to be seen' with rather than 'to see with'. They're aimed so low it's almost pointless
    Foglights are not aimed low.

They are aimed straight ahead.

The beam has no concentrated center (hence why it looks very dim.), it's a broad beam/scattered light. Pointing in all directions.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    oh. so it's just mine being down... you can see a cutoff on the road ahead, but yes it is a wide beam
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

sigh.....

There is no cutoff mate, it's just scattered light pointing in all directions.

It's not like your low beams where there is a horizontal cutoff.

Foglights are there to be pointed towards the ground (slightly)

They work underneath the fog to help grant you visibility of the road that's all.
    Now-a-days they grant you "day driving lights" which look ugly as hell. I drive with my foggies all the time on, never had a problem and in fact i prefer having them on especially on regional driving or anywhere that isn't well lit! Any extra bit of light is a little bit better for your vision provided they are working effectively!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post

+1 to that!

But it's not like u can actually see much with them anyway. I have oem fogs on my prelude and u seriously can't see shit with foglights only... and in rain/fog it makes hardly any difference. They're aimed so low it's almost pointless. i think they're more 'to be seen' with rather than 'to see with'.
    If ur foggies are as big as these in the images, than they are as bright as the head lamps them self, i know, cause ive driven with jus foggies at night before LOL........

PPL with white foggies, who say they are foggies, there not fog lights, they are normal driving lights! Fog lights in actual fact need to be yellow, because in a real foggy situation, the fog is white, so u need a yellow lighting so others can see you on the other side during a fog situation. Having a white light in a foggy situation is stupid imo.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    If ur foggies are as big as these in the images, than they are as bright as the head lamps them self, i know, cause ive driven with jus foggies at night before LOL........

PPL with white foggies, who say they are foggies, there not fog lights, they are normal driving lights! Fog lights in actual fact need to be yellow, because in a real foggy situation, the fog is white, so u need a yellow lighting so others can see you on the other side during a fog situation. Having a white light in a foggy situation is stupid imo.
    This is true, only refer to mine as foglights as they are in that position where foglights would go!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by azn_k3nt View Post
    There's a reason why its called fog lights. I had my white ones on my rav4 at night, going through a booze bus, the cop told me to turn them off.
    Same story here. Once in a rav4 and once in a subaru, neither time i was driving though. For the amount of time that you will be using or be allowed to use them you have to ask yourself if they are really worth it...

Also with engine mods, keep your car quiet on idle and make sure if you mod the engine keep it looking relatively standard. make sure if you have a pod filter its covered up.
    No lumpy cams and no revving just before a cop car or booze bus and you'll be right
    Winton PB: 1:44.4420 on A048's

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yeahh alright. I might get the clear foglights off ebay when i move down to Melbourne actually. So whats the final verdict on having clear foglights guys? Usable at night time or strictly on foggy weather??
    Last edited by mattsrea; 04-11-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    LOL yeah well i tried the foggys on my dads CRV and it doesnt even go far, its like pointing to the ground straight on :L

But yeah is it alright if foggies are turned on in heavy rain? Or strictly just in foggy weather?
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzomg

you never read any of the above did you?

They're not a headlight, they're not meant to go farrrr

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Yes its fine lol.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzomg

you never read any of the above did you?

They're not a headlight, they're not meant to go farrrr
    I edited my comment boss, sorry about that (A)

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Yes its fine lol.
    And okay thanks champ, i'll get the clear ones.