Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    Keep in mind, it may be illigal to mod your car, however, its not illigal to drive a car you baught already lightly modded. Such as my ludes driving lights, or my diamond vision headlight globes. If they dont hit ppls eyes, they will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    Keep in mind, it may be illigal to mod your car, however, its not illigal to drive a car you baught already lightly modded. Such as my ludes driving lights, or my diamond vision headlight globes. If they dont hit ppls eyes, they will be fine
    wait wot?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    You can say what ever to the cop, "i brought the car like this" blah blah blah...... but either way they are still gonna dick ya, which begs the question why buy a modded car if ur gonna get dicked either way...... IF its deemed as a defect, its a defect straight up, you can argue all u want, there still gonna get u

If u choose to play the modding game, play it safe and smart
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

It's like walking past a dying man and saying I'll just keep walking, I didn't hurt him....

Pretty extreme analogy, but same shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ahahahaha, nice comparison! LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    PPL with white foggies, who say they are foggies, there not fog lights, they are normal driving lights! Fog lights in actual fact need to be yellow, because in a real foggy situation, the fog is white, so u need a yellow lighting so others can see you on the other side during a fog situation. Having a white light in a foggy situation is stupid imo.
    they are classed as foglights if they are in the lower part of the bumper/bullbar, regardless of colour

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

mattsrea > Fog lights are to be used in fog....

AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 217

217—Using fog lights

(1) The driver of a vehicle fitted with front fog lights or rear fog lights must not operate the fog lights unless the driver is driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility.

Offence provision.

(2) In this rule:

"front fog light" means a light (other than a headlight) fitted to the front of a vehicle to improve illumination of the road in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds.

"rear fog light" means a light (other than a brake light, a tail light, a number plate light or a reversing light) fitted to the rear of a vehicle to make the vehicle more easily visible from the rear in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/s...r210/s217.html
    Last edited by CrystalSkull; 15-01-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    On top of that, vicroads reasoning as to why you can't have them on (regardless of whether they are driving or fog lights) is that if they are incorrectly aimed, they can shine into oncoming driver's eyes & distract them, potentially causing an accident.

I've personally been done by the police for this and if you want to take it to court, you can get it thrown out (like I was lucky enough to) but the police officer who pulled you over won't care if they are driving or fog lights, he will just hand the fine over
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    they are classed as foglights if they are in the lower part of the bumper/bullbar, regardless of colour
    Question about the dc2 lights theres the two bug eye head lights on both sides anx the white clear ones next to inducaters do they count as fog lights as at night theres 4 white lights? even tought u turn on the lights normaly u get 4 white lights

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    they are deemed as "parker" lights
    Kermit EGK20A

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    On top of that, vicroads reasoning as to why you can't have them on (regardless of whether they are driving or fog lights) is that if they are incorrectly aimed, they can shine into oncoming driver's eyes & distract them, potentially causing an accident.

I've personally been done by the police for this and if you want to take it to court, you can get it thrown out (like I was lucky enough to) but the police officer who pulled you over won't care if they are driving or fog lights, he will just hand the fine over

Are you talking about normal HID's as your headlights?

Does anyone know if they're cracking down on HID's now? Two of my friend's have been recently done for HID's and other mods as well (but HID's was what drew the attention in the first place).

I drive a 2011 CU2 so I have projectors/it's a new car.. would they care as much? My lights have a cutoff mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    ^ I was referring to what people try and deem as driving or fog lights. They are deemed illegal by mr police officer regardless.

If they are factory fitted HID's with under car auto leveling sensor's, they are legal. If they are aftermarket without auto level sensor's, they are illegal
    Kermit EGK20A