Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forged B16a2?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    read post #9

Changing pistons or rings only is exactly the same thing.
    2 pistons rings are bad, so i want to change rings, I do not want to take the engine out. I want to take the head out and pop the piston from under and change the rings to a new rings and keep the old pistons. Will that be a problem?
    I also was thinking to get higher compression pistons with ring, since I will be taking the pistons out, but the problem is the sleeve will have different shape than the new piston, so i am worried of doing that.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    2 pistons rings are bad, so i want to change rings, I do not want to take the engine out. I want to take the head out and pop the piston from under and change the rings to a new rings and keep the old pistons. Will that be a problem?
    I also was thinking to get higher compression pistons with ring, since I will be taking the pistons out, but the problem is the sleeve will have different shape than the new piston, so i am worried of doing that.
    read service manual. not a penis in this world would know.
    you gotta buy micrometer that reads 0.0001" and check piston skirt diameter if they're still within service limit.
    then you need dial bore gauge to measure bore diameter if they're elongated or not.

stop thinking and do it.

everyone here can say "ey yea bro that's fine slap it in"
    but is it really?

Like I already said brother, it's always ideal to bet it machined.

But

It will work if you just change the rings.

Why bother with higher compression pistons if you're doing a half arsed job?
    If it is significantly higher compression, you will have to compensate with better fuel, retard the timing and alter the tune.

Still it's only sealed with un machined block & new rings.

Not very ideal.

Just change the rings

OR

take the engine out, do it properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Thanks for the information, I was thinking to drive it until the engine dies.But still if i want to get another engine, it could be fu*ked up. So If i wanna do it i will do it once and do it perfect. Atm it burning a lil bit of oil not something serious, so i used thicker oil and working good.
    Btw Why you two use same picture ? I always think i am talking to the same guy :|

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Ideally get the block out and have it and the pistons inspected by somebody who can tell the difference. A food engine builder will tell you of you need new pistons or of the block needs machining/honing etc

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Ideally get the block out and have it and the pistons inspected by somebody who can tell the difference. A food engine builder will tell you of you need new pistons or of the block needs machining/honing etc
    mocchi has that engine.

Delorean.........

runs on food scraps

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lmao. food engine builder.
    youre fkd now dougie. welcome new meme.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Food engine engine builder.

can he build a kfc k20a?

i don't even...

Op have you considered just replacing the b16 with a b18c2? they're cheap as fuk, more potential for power. Im sure you've already considered this, just sayin' if you haven't already.
    Last edited by u mad?; 04-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Just rebuild the entire bottom end.

peace of mind and you know that its done right and no shortcuts.

engine should last longer - if done right.

go the lower comp ratio - rather than the high comp. then slap on a GT3540R snail and barp barp barp barp whooppppisshh!! LOLOLO
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ep3r, Dc2r,
    yeah I already considered b18c2 but I just love the b16a's raw crossover, so I was thinking about either forging, rebuilding or buying another engine, LOL @ IV73CI hahaha! too bad thats to expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Power/ torque > sound ...... Nomsaying ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Power/ torque > sound ...... Nomsaying ?
    ^

op another option would be- take that b16 head that you've already got and slap it on a b20. Would be like diving whole new car in terms of power/ torque (you'd then lmzo at the thought of a b16). Would be a lot cheaper than building a b16 as well and would have a lot more potential. Plus- it's not as if it wouldn't sound good lol.