Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Em1 yO

My em1 build on student budget!

Hey guys so I thought I would attempt to make a build thread just for the fun of it. I have a 99 silver em1 that has been in the family for years but surprisingly i received it from my sister when i got my learners pretty much. The car was stock as a rock when i got it besides a custom intake and some Cusco coils. I have now had this car for about 1.5 and as i am a student im quite poor lol so yeah hope you like it!

This is how the car looked when I first took it off my sister’s hands. As you can see it’s already been lowered on the Cusco coils. She likes it dumped lol.

As I was still on my learner’s I couldn’t really do much with the car so I started saving up to buy parts for it, so that when I was able to drive it , it would be awesome lol.
    I then purchased my first set of wheels which were enkei racing S. 15x6.5 +32

After driving around in those wheels for awhile, I felt like I needed a new set, so I bought some rota slipstreams to run aswell.

By the time I got my license which was late last year, I was just rolling around in the car with just the wheels and lowered and some headers for a few months. Unfortunately as soon as I got my license I got suspended for 6 months so I was out of the driving scene 

So during the 6 months of suspension I was getting driven around by my gf and friends whilst my car was at home. So I decided to buy more parts seeing as it was just sitting there.

I saved up my money and bought some red sr4 recaros , a new head unit, top one winglets, purple benen tow hook, purple blox lca’s , polished ASR with ek9 rear sway and a new set of wheels which were genuine VOLK GRN. Most of these items weren’t put in until I had my license back.

Some random shots

I got my license back after 6 long months and installed all the parts I bought, so I then thought I would hit up the quarter mile to see how my b16a will run with just intake and headers. I ran a 15.6 my first time but as I got more runs I ran a 15.3 so I was pretty happy.

Once I had a taste of the quarter mile, I decided to hit up a track day down at queensland raceway with my friends. I stripped my rear interior which included rear seats, boot carpet, sub and spacesaver. I also took out my passenger recaro. I wasn’t expecting too much of my car as I was a bit scared to push my car to its limits. It was a great turning point for me as it gave me much experience in how my car handles. I achieved a 70.1 seconds on the clubman track.

After experiencing track, I wanted more power in my car so my friend willingly swapped me his t1R catback exhaust for my stock one which was awesome of him . But still I wanted more! So I searched around and found a cheap b16a4 motor with a built head. It was a BARGAIN! And it had to be mine. Not long after, I purchased this motor and was on my way of my first engine conversion. Of course it wasn’t done alone. I had my friends help me ( meatball, vinhy, mathew[fn2] and ekvtec ) thanks to them we got my motor out and the new one in! The new motor had toda cam gears, jun stage 3 camshafts, valve springs and retainers and was also port polished. I was soo happy with my new motor it was awesome !

Sadly after a few months I blew that motor. I was spewing when I blew it all because of a lack of maintenance which was very silly of me . So this brings me nearly up to date on where my car is ATM. I am currently getting a new motor (its a secret) lol but in the process of my second engine conversion.

Whilst my car is off the road once again, I decided to come out bigger and better. So I went and bought myself a new motor and some new wheels!! But im not gonna tell the specs on these ones lol

So that is my em1 build thread from when I first got it till now. I will keep this thread updated on when my new motor and wheels will be in but that’s all for now. Thanks for reading

TEAM NOOB! “Back to the Basics”
    Last edited by inYOHface; 04-11-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    suscribed ! cant wait for finish product !

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    nice build man, welcome abourd!
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    em1 coupe
    The jun cams sound cool at vtec miss them

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Good luck champ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Whoa. some fat as rims bro. sick build. goodluck.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg6, fn2r
    So rice my friend

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    New motor will be dropped in today!
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    eg6, fn2r
    Quote Originally Posted by ekvtec View Post
    suscribed ! cant wait for finish product !
    Lol what a retard. Why you subscribe wen you know whats going on before everyone else

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    How the f*ck is this a student build ? ROFL, YOU HAVE EVERYTHING.

nice build dude cant wait to see the results

Member Array
    Car:
    EE3 WAGON YO
    negative offset on those wheels. have fun with fiddling with the guards.