Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

$1200 to get clutch installed on DC5R!?!?

I just got off the phone from the Honda service department, and they want $1200 to fit my ORC clutch! Are they for real? Is that normal? What have other people paid for their clutch installs in the past? I'm not too keen on a DIY unless I really have to. I called Honda because I've heard changing the clutch on a DC5R is complicated and want to take it to someone who know what they're doing instead of just a random mechanic.

Any help would be great.
    Cheers.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Sound abit expensive but this is also the reason people do flywheel and final drive generally at the same time Nuci

$500 ~ take about 5-6 hrs

Well yeah the ORC kit comes with a light flywheel so I'm doing that too, don't think I'll ever end up changing the final drive. But I paid like $550 to change the clutch in my old b16a crx so why is it twice as much for a DC5R?

Because you went to the dealer

I'll have to find someone who has done a few hondas before

Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    Because you went to the dealer
    exactly

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    It costs more than a crx since it is a more involved procedure dealing with the k frame and all

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Lol why would you take it to a dealer if they don't provide warranty anymore... Just take it to a reputable mech and get it done for half that quote
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Well I've heard it's complicated and figured they would know exactly what they were doing and it wouldn't take as long. I knew they might be a bit more expensive but twice the price is an absolute joke.

I've heard things too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    What did you hear?

I'm on my phone but where are you located?
    There's plenty of good mechs in syd. Dealers man use apprentices I wouldnt let them touch my car
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll