Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

$1200 to get clutch installed on DC5R!?!?

I just got off the phone from the Honda service department, and they want $1200 to fit my ORC clutch! Are they for real? Is that normal? What have other people paid for their clutch installs in the past? I'm not too keen on a DIY unless I really have to. I called Honda because I've heard changing the clutch on a DC5R is complicated and want to take it to someone who know what they're doing instead of just a random mechanic.

Any help would be great.
    Cheers.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Sound abit expensive but this is also the reason people do flywheel and final drive generally at the same time Nuci

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Sound abit expensive but this is also the reason people do flywheel and final drive generally at the same time Nuci
    do final drive? what do you mean?

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    why would you do final drive if your gonna spend 90%+ on the road?

inb4becauseracecar

but srs question though..
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler View Post
    why would you do final drive if your gonna spend 90%+ on the road?

inb4becauseracecar

but srs question though..

Because in the long run as my most DC5 owners generally do if they actually get into the track scene aswell as keeping the car registered, some do take this step aswell SO if it's your plans down the track, you may aswell do it now and be done with it.

Will be doing mine once my clutch goes as it is in my eventual plans but not everyone has these plans which is fair to say

Because in the long run as my most DC5 owners generally do if they actually get into the track scene aswell as keeping the car registered, some do take this step aswell SO if it's your plans down the track, you may aswell do it now and be done with it.

Will be doing mine once my clutch goes as it is in my eventual plans but not everyone has these plans which is fair to say
    most people don't want a car revving on 20,000rpm @ 80km/h while driving to work

$500 ~ take about 5-6 hrs

Well yeah the ORC kit comes with a light flywheel so I'm doing that too, don't think I'll ever end up changing the final drive. But I paid like $550 to change the clutch in my old b16a crx so why is it twice as much for a DC5R?

Because you went to the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    Because you went to the dealer
    exactly

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    It costs more than a crx since it is a more involved procedure dealing with the k frame and all

I'll have to find someone who has done a few hondas before