Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1999 DC2 Type R

Dc2r Buddyclub Pro Spec?..

Hi everyone...

Recently installed toda headers, high-flow cat and injen intake but need an aftermarket exhaust on my dc2r.
    Was originally after a rm01a due but come across a few videos on youtube and notices the buddyclub pro spec has a real deep note to it.

Just wanted to no if anyone has had any experience with them and their thoughts on the sound?..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    IMO buddyclub spec2 sounds lyk arse and is tooo loud and high pitched ricer sound, ppl complain bout the noise from the buddycub spec 3 which has a cannon and a resinator where the spec 2 is virtually a straigt pipe.

If i were u id keep lookin into rmo1a or mugen twinloop
    snapping 2nd..

Wouldnt get the buddyclub system.
    It's annoying and OVERLY LOUD... It;s insane.... if you wanna piss your whole street off and your family coming home at night then this exhaust is definately for you! But i'd highly recommend looking at other brands

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    wouldn't recommend the Buddyclub Pro Spec if you use your car as a daily

I had it on the dc2r for a week enjoyed the sound then I got i'm sick of it (since I use my car as a daily anyways)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Buddyclub exhaust too loud, sound like shit look like shit.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    LOL....

http://thewavs.tripod.com/boogie.html
    "Ya know, if it look's like shit, and it sounds like shit, then it must be shit."
    Last edited by TODA AU; 07-11-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 DC2 Type R
    Haha thanks alot guys appreciate the feedback. In desperate need of an exhaust car sounds terrible with the mods and factory exhaust... Would love something real deap !!

No way! DC2Rs sound (and look) best with the stock exhaust. You get pure B-series roar, none of this fart cannon rubbish which spoils it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2, EM1
    I have a spec 3 on my dc2 vtir that used to be my daily, now just a weekend car. VERY loud. But you get used to it and can adjust your driving without making a scene.
    DC2-PWR can vouch for this.

Vtec crossover makes me jizz every time. I think I have a sound clip of it on my computer somewhere?

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    well....

i had i/h/e on my dc2r.

i had the spec 3. i didnt think it was overally loud. everyone likes different things. if you want a nice sound that i guess is a bit loud for the average old fella, then its good.

if you dont want something that makes noise, then dont get a buddyclub.

if its too loud you're too old

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    No way! DC2Rs sound (and look) best with the stock exhaust. You get pure B-series roar, none of this fart cannon rubbish which spoils it
    Running toda headers and high flow cat with stock exhaust is terrible. Had to put on a reducer from the cat to the catback and makes a horrible sucking sound, hence why an aftermarket exhaust is desperately needed lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    I have BC Pro Spec and regrets a bit, it is loud deep tone. Highly recommend FGK and TODA, quiet on daily use.