Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED6

Why cant I use the RED key ???

Guys,

my car came with the Genuine Honda RED Key but the previous owner said can't use it , only there for copy (if i lost the key) , she reckoned if i use it to start the car , it will do the damage ?

but , she could not give me straight answer why ??

anyone ?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    It resets the immobiliser and ECU.

NEVER use this key to try and start it. It's only there for duplication.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    as above Red key is only used to program the immobiliser, attempting to start the car with the red key can erase the immobilisers key memory and your car will have to be towed to a dealer for key reprogramming.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    I work for Honda Parts - as mentioned, that key has a code encrypted into it and is used only for coding replacement keys.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    i got a curious question, is every red key programed with a specific code or is it universal as any red key will just erase all ecu and immobilisers? My car didn't come with one but i have one laying around from another ek thats not on the road anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    each red key would be unique to each car
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Car:
    twin GX160's
    You cannot use the Red Key from another Civic. however with non convetional methods I can program in new replacment red key if you have lost your red key. I can also program the red key to start the car while maintaining the immobilser functionality.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    is it possible to go to honda and get a red key ordered for your car that has aftermarket alarm?
    snapping 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    is it possible to go to honda and get a red key ordered for your car that has aftermarket alarm?
    has nothing to do with an aftermarket alarm, it's to program the factory immobilizer.

the answer to your question is "yes" it is possible

they might tell you to go ead though.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    has nothing to do with an aftermarket alarm, it's to program the factory immobilizer.

the answer to your question is "yes" it is possible

they might tell you to go ead though.
    just to stir things up... LOL

seeing that EM1 (example car & ecu only) uses the P2T ecu with the built in engine immobilizer..

so if i was to use a JDM ECU say ... PCT CTR...which has no built in immobilizer ...then practically the car should still start and drive round without the engine dying yeh?

:P
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Honda sells a new red key with a new immo control unit. also comes with a black key and cost is about $450. key pattern is blank and gets cut to suit your lock, then electronicly matched to your car.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    just to stir things up... LOL

seeing that EM1 (example car & ecu only) uses the P2T ecu with the built in engine immobilizer..

so if i was to use a JDM ECU say ... PCT CTR...which has no built in immobilizer ...then practically the car should still start and drive round without the engine dying yeh?

:P

you can use JDM ECU's on OBDIIb cars without any issue, this will bypass the immobiliser. The immobiliser in OBDIIb ECU's can be bypassed as well.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 09-11-2011 at 01:58 PM.