Removing inner door panels

Hello, I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey Luxury. I have heard about spraying certain areas with fish oil as a great rust preventative. Like the wheel arches and taking off the door panels and spraying in there too. Has anybody else done this before? And has anybody removed their door panels and how did you get them off? Any tips or handy hints on the subject? Thankyou.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    ?? That's new never heard of that before?!
    Old man that drives slow cars

Quote Originally Posted by ssskyy View Post
    Hello, I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey Luxury. I have heard about spraying certain areas with fish oil as a great rust preventative. Like the wheel arches and taking off the door panels and spraying in there too. Has anybody else done this before? And has anybody removed their door panels and how did you get them off? Any tips or handy hints on the subject? Thankyou.
    you car will smell.

If you insist on persisting then you'll need a little bit of experience in undoing clips & screws etc.

Just take your time give yourself all day, maybe even 2 if you really newb. Don't force too hard, if anything get's stuck, look around. have you missed out on a clip or screw still holding the panel in question?

Just put thought on how the clip holds....

best of luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Man, if i can remove door trims with ease anyone can, just take your time as bludger said and don't force anything.

I have deodorised fish oil so it apparently won't smell for too long. I'm just not sure how to start removing the panels, there doesn't seem to be any screws or anything to remove, is it a case of them just snapping into place? Help!

The way you describe it, you're certain to break clips.

I'll post some pictures tonight of some door trims, not the same car as yours, but at least you can get some sort of idea of what you're up against.

Hey, thanks for that, I appreciate it... and I thought this was gonna be easy!

it is easy, If you had a look at a door trim already open, you'll know how easy it is, but 1st timers will break things.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    There are probably screws around the inside door lock and pull. Being a "luxury" model Honda hide them under some plastic covers. At least this is the case on my RB3 (current model).

Honda plastic is very easy to break and extremely expensive to replace. Unless u know what u are doing, I wouldn't want to attempt it.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc