Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't feel a difference in brake time or the 'driving on ice' feeling man. I've driven in the rain plenty. I never put myself in a situation where i have to swerve or brake suddenly but even if i did, i'm fairly sure these tyres would perform satisfactorily. Now cornering is a different issue, the rears lose traction at a lower speed than performance tyres but still good enough if you're just turning a little fast for fun as opposed to pushing your car past its limits.

faceplam.jpg

You've never put yourself in an emergency situation that needed to brake or swerve suddenly, but you're confidant your Chinese tires will perform.

"Now cornering is a different issue, the rears lose traction at a lower speed than performance tyres but still good enough if you're just turning a little fast for fun as opposed to pushing your car past its limits"

totally contradicted yourself....

Just want to let you know. Nothing will test your tires more than an emergency situation. And you might only have one chance to test......

Good luck, your posts aren't worth wasting time on, helping,
    Last edited by Bludger; 06-11-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I use cheap/sh!t Chinese tyres because they came brand new on my EM1 rims and I just figured I'd run them dead rather than replace new rubber.

They suck. Spins into second gear with my Y1, can't get decent traction on launch, have to be careful braking in the wet because it just lets go, and going sideways in the wet is ridiculously easy (even in the dry for that matter). I drive like a pussy just so that I feel safe.

Not recommended. Buy something good. Use your head.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I use cheap/sh!t Chinese tyres because they came brand new on my EM1 rims and I just figured I'd run them dead rather than replace new rubber.

They suck. Spins into second gear with my Y1, can't get decent traction on launch, have to be careful braking in the wet because it just lets go, and going sideways in the wet is ridiculously easy (even in the dry for that matter). I drive like a pussy just so that I feel safe.

Not recommended. Buy something good. Use your head.
    I Would relate to him if he said that he can't afford good tires and he has to live with them, but he's saying they perform well.

Just my experience dude, used 4 sets of tyres and cannot feel a difference between any of them besides when hard cornering. Unless you take every corner at 80kms, i don't see how that would factor into your decision when purchasing rubber.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    interesting, please inform me how you came about that information.

srs.

want to learn...
    just an assumption? thats why i put afaik at the front rofl

am i wrong?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Don't know if ou're right or wrong.

I drive interstate a lot and find that the very soft sport maxx very noisy.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i see what u did thar

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Charliebrown @ it again hahahahahhahahahahahaha
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Just my experience dude, used 4 sets of tyres and cannot feel a difference between any of them besides when hard cornering. Unless you take every corner at 80kms, i don't see how that would factor into your decision when purchasing rubber.
    DUDE HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! you said you loose traction when cornering @ lower speed compared to good tyres then @ the top you say
    "cannot feel a difference between any of them besides when hard cornering. Unless you take every corner at 80kms"

HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes! correct SUPAJDM. NO difference besides losing traction at a lower speed. (and brown tyres) Which would not matter if you don't turn SIK. My english must be bad

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    ok so losing traction while going slow isnt a bad thing for you? you dont mind that your FWD car looses traction when you drive daily?