Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Unhappy Accord Euro - Engine cut off

Hi Guys

I own a 2004 Accord Euro & starting from about 2 months back, while driving, VSA, Traction control & Check engine light comes up & the engine cuts off. When I turn off and start up again it becomes OK but after a while it comes back. Any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks - Sean

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    First of all, wrong forum, should be moved/started in the accord euro forums.

Second, I had similar issues where i was driving and my car would either stall while driving (VSA, CEL etc lights all came on) or sometimes the lights could come up and engine feels weaker or i lose battery power for a split second (radio would reset etc).
    Replacing the battery fixed my stalling problem, but the electrical problem was a fault in the wiring under the fuse box.
    I can't remember exactly what my fault codes were, but if i can find em i'll post em up and see if u have the same fault codes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi Lazarus

Thanks for your quick reply. I wanted to check before a person who knows before Honda dealer rips me off saying the whole engine needs to be replaced..! The radio doesn't get reset but I feel the loss of power. Is it something I can fix my self? Battery is quite new.

Thanks - Sean

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    If you know a mechanic maybe they can hook up ur car and check for any fault codes + look inside the car for a cheaper price? Even some new batteries can be faulty..so you never know =/