Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    One of our member's (NPcan) euro was pulling 147 atw with IHE and tuning. Then there's all the members from TSX forums that would disagree with you.

Considering stock CL9 makes 110 kw atw, Npcan's euro makes 33.6% increase over stock... Not bad for just bolt ons and piggyback don't you agree?
    What was NPcan's stock dyno? I only see a value of 122kW on a Dyno Dynamics but that was with topspeed headers, Injen CAI and Haltech interceptor. He then dyno'd 143kW with WeaponR and Fujitsubo exhaust on a Dynapack hub dyno, which gives higher readings compared to a Dyno Dynamics dyno. So you can't compare the 143kW value to a stock 110kW achieved by another car on another dyno since the dyno & car are different and also because of the tiny fact that the Dynapack has lower loss through the wheels (since there is no wheel attached!).

CL9 at 1300 odd kg's is actually pretty light given its size and features, it's within 100kg of a dc5r, with more torque from the k24 to boot.
    Features work against you when racing in a straight line or on track as these add weight. CL9 is also 1395kg for the base model and 1465kg for the luxury too. It is a fat car.

Re: lightened Pulley + flywheel. That's just.simple.physics. Rotating mass is the key.
    Great for acceleration in mid range, but not at the top end which is where you are usually at when doing a 1/4 mile or on track. If on the street where it is more about midrange, driving to beat a DC5R will get your car impounded anyway.

Also, "real world" performance is a relative term. Hell, just by adjusting the CL9's Drive by wire setting will make a night/day difference to daily driving and perceived performance.
    This one is a placebo effect, since the same perceived performance can be achieved by adjusting your foot.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Official ADR recorded weight is 1390kg for the CL9, so you are right.
    Perhaps I should've tried to make the point with a different car, all I tried to say is that CL9 wasn't as heavy as some people tend to think. Hell a MK 5 GTI weighs 1350kg.
    There is more to a car's performance if cornering aggressively. The centre of gravity and the wheel track of the car matters too, which is why on track, the MK5 GTI catches up to the Euro in the corners very quickly, while the Euro pulls away a bit on the straight (this was my Euro with Tein Flex vs a totally stock Mk 5 GTI). I was totally whipped by a stock GTI......
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    There is more to a car's performance if cornering aggressively. The centre of gravity and the wheel track of the car matters too, which is why on track, the MK5 GTI catches up to the Euro in the corners very quickly, while the Euro pulls away a bit on the straight (this was my Euro with Tein Flex vs a totally stock Mk 5 GTI). I was totally whipped by a stock GTI......
    I don't doubt GTi is quicker... But there's a lot of variables to that, tyres, rims, in gear acceleration etc

CL9 wasn't completely hopeless on the track, else the Repsol Honda team wouldntve used the CL9 as the donor car for their BTCc team a few years back wen everyone else was using DC5's

Anyway, back to topic... Any frankensteins here?
    http://www.hybrid-racing.com/tech/k2...-engine-build/
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Yes... Frank here...Stock k24 block with k20 head off fd2r...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What can you rev it to wuism. Thats what i hate with my current setup revs out to quick 8000 would be much better but most dynos ive read with k24 stock internals loose power at 7000

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    are k20 type r cams a straight drop in? any performance increase in that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    are k20 type r cams a straight drop in? any performance increase in that?
    Yer straigh drop in mate all k series cams fit. Intake cam will be good not to sure abour dxhaust cam though

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    I rev to 8300 rpm.

I have Toda balancer killer kit. Else I only goto 7800 rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by wuism View Post
    Tbh... Whatever u can remove in a euro, u could do on a GTI. Sure euro front seats are heavy, but so are most new cars nowadays with airbags in the seats. The euro was not made with racing in mind unless u have a euro r which is lighter than the cl9 to begin with. Honda didn't use heavier steel compared with other manufactures.....
    Or I could throw out the 12" sub in the boot..

Despite being modest gains there's still real, measurable gains to be made from these "reasonably priced" bolt ons i think. The comments from those guys at least made me a bit hopeful..

"Our ultimate test phase was established in a third gear run which is known by any TSX owner to come off as sluggish when coasting on the road and abruptly applying the gas. The newfound power was definitely noticeable as third gear now pushed us back into the seats and the vehicle felt as if the TSX was equipped with a race transmission"

HOndata's work would aslso support that claim
    http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Not sure if you guys remember all the bullshit that went along with the hondata reflash, but something I'd stay clear of if it was my car...
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Has anyone here run their euro , stock or "modded" down the 1/4 ? Times ? What about track times guys ? I keep reading that these mods do heaps to your cars , and TSX owners dont lie lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Has anyone here run their euro , stock or "modded" down the 1/4 ? Times ? What about track times guys ? I keep reading that these mods do heaps to your cars , and TSX owners dont lie lol.
    haha! I see plenty of 15's lol! But we are on a Honda forum! Vtec stickers are worth 10fwkw's alone!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F