Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 07 vti

Wanting to do a few upgrades to my civic 07 vti.

hey guys. just wondering if u can recommend me some parts or shops around newcastle/sydney area that are reasonable price. there isnt really a limit on the budget as i will do this over time..
    its an auto transmission btw..
    im just looking to change my exhaust from stock to something abit better.. something with a clean loud sound that wont get too annoying on long drives.
    and any other perfomance upgrades you guys would suggest.

and any places you guys recommend to go to?

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    jdm yard or shift performance here in sydney have been the best experiences ive had with the civic. u got heaps of options in terms of mods

i rkn go for the js racing exhaust. ask ekdez he's a member here selling his js racing titanium catback which costs quite a bit brand new think hes selling for a good price so u may be in luck .

only other performance thing i would recommend is an intake but thats just for sound purposes, u wont get that much out of it with just the intake. other things to do which are more worth it are aesthetic mods =P. body kit, rims, coils, etc? what colours the car? welcome btw =]

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    coilovers before anything. Makes you enjoy driving it

stance > fenders

Coils ( with decent tyres/rims) , intake, exhaust?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Rear sway bar would be my suggestion for 1st Mod, better brake pads (Remsa) and brake fluid also if ya pullin up hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    i rkn go for the js racing exhaust. ask ekdez he's a member here selling his js racing titanium catback which costs quite a bit brand new think hes selling for a good price so u may be in luck .

if you want a sexy raspy sound.. not drony.. let me know =)

i can sound clip it if you want.

After owning my FD2 for 4 years, if I get to mod it all over again from the start..

1. Coilovers, Front and Rear Front Strut and Sway Bars
    2. New rims with good tyres

Bodykit and exhaust will be a waste of money, just get rims with good offset and dump it.

You will feel like driving a different car with those 2 mods above.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Isn't a front strut a waste of money on the FD1/FD2 due how close the firewall is to the top of the strut tower ? its already stiff enough isnt it ?

I recently installed a lower arm strut bar which stiffens the front subframe to the chassis and I notice a minor differenc straight away, not as dramatic as say upgrading swaybars but midcorner you cant feel the front of the chassis flexing as much.

Coilovers if you can afford em otherwise some quality lowering spring like some Eibach Pro from JDM at revesby.

Make sure you get the right one, Cusco V shape one.

It is better to have all 4 bars, F+R struts and sways as the car feels a lot more balanced when cornering.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Cusco 3 point is over rated. Go for the rear sway bar
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Too much oversteer when you corner hard with just a rear sway bar, its pretty dangerous

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    true but fun
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.