Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz

Painted interior....:S:S:S

Hello OzHonda,

recently purchased another CRX and he interior has been repainted - it doesn't look that bad (if your into painting your interior) but i want to go back to the standard grey/black whatever is under the paint.

can you guys recommend what i should do - i would rather not try sourcing original trims esp a dash (almost impossible to get anymore)

Thanks in advance
    . h i t o r i k o .

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    I also need help on this for one of my mates so anyone got an idea ?

subscribe.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Just a thought but some of the interior may be painted to cover up cracked/damaged trim that has been repaired so stripping it back may reveal any imperfection that they were trying to cover up, unliky but if your trim is hard to come by then i thought it might be worth mentioning as ive seen it done on cars with hard to find parts.

Depending on the type of paint used you may be able to strip it off with acetone on a rag, just becareful as it slowly melts through some plastics so if you use too much and/or rub to long you will stat taking off plastic too. If there is a few layers it may take a while but you know its working if you rag is getting covered in paint. Test it on a small out of site spot first incase it doesnt work well with your plastic and use some sort of trim detailer when your done to shine the trim back up.

Just an idea but have you thought about trying to find a matching colour for the original trim then just respraying it?
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    black EF
    i would pick a small piece of the trim with a bit of carbi cleaner (or paint thinner) spayed on rag, try it, do it really slow,
    if the paint come off try use some interior shining on the trim, then make sure it turn back to original color without burn it.
    before u do the whole lot, try this on small piece, a good job takes a lot of time.
    good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    i just swaped the crx interior for a ef civic interior
    . h i t o r i k o .