Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    ^^^ agree, BC's r pretty stiff n bouncy.. I've been running Tein SS for 3-4 years and am very happy with them... I even track it with em n I can't complain with their performance. Good spring rates for street use
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    GP Racer
    I wouldnt want to be running more than a 6kg rear spring for a daily driven car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2 Civic Sport
    I called up 3 places in Sydney today to get a quote for the BC Racing BR coilovers for my FD2 sport. I was all set and ready to buy them, when all 3 of them told me the exact same thing. "We no longer sell them as they were bad quality and had too many problems with them". 1 guy said he had them in his own car for 8 months and ended up ripping them out.

Now, this is not my opinion, so don't get angry. As I said, I was about to order my set.

All 3 of them recommended the Yellow-speed coiover kit. They said it's better than the BC, and better has a better pillow ball mount which does not turn/twist the spring, so they are very quiet.

Now I am confused and spewsing that I have had to delay buyin a coilover kit. The Yellow speed are around $1150.

Can anyone give me advise on a coilover kit less than the $1500 mark? I am not willing to spend $2000+ for coiovers. They will be street only, I want at least a 1.5" drop over standard (tyres flush with guard).

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2K20.4R
    The gold series of BC are exellent. I have been running a set in my dc2r for the past year and still going hard. They have the 32 way dampening and when all the way down low. they are quite soft and are not as bouncey. I have mine on hardest setting all the time, as i have gotten used to them and still dont find them uncomfortable people in the back seat might get annoyed. But who has people in the back haha. I believe they are $1299 now. The spring rates on mine are 12kg fronts and 8kg rears im pretty sure. The height adjustment is easy as well. The one i was told with problems was the first series of BC the red ones. Alot of people posted problems about them.
    I have done some really hard driving in them and not yet had a problem. But would suggest to change alot of the ctrl arm bushings as mine are on their way out because standard bushings are set to the standard suspension and overtime they will take some punishment with the coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    Koni yellows + GC combo.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by impresv View Post
    Hello Ozhonda forumers,

I would like to grab some opinions on which coilovers to get for a street daily car. I have a Dc2r and also my mate has a Delsol b18 we're both looking for coilovers. We need some opinions on which brand to get . Choices are buddyclub, bc, tein, gabz if any other ones name them thanks !
    Budget of $1.4k !

Thanks Peter.
    Hey mate pm me ur number and ill take you for a spin in my car i have Gabs SS 20 clicks in the front and 10 and rear and i have ek coupe.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightdood View Post
    I wouldnt want to be running more than a 6kg rear spring for a daily driven car.
    8kg front and 5kg rear

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2 Civic Sport
    Thought I would update you guys.

After doing more research and speaking to other suspension retailers. Here is the story.

The earlier BC BR coilovers were co-developed in AU and were quite good, no retailers had problems. Then BC switched factories and suppliers, this is when it all went bad. Quality and warranty issues, so everyone has stopped selling them.

They now sell Yellow-speed which are the best of the cheaper brands. They are better than King Springs, XYZ, KYB, and BC. They are the exact same unit sold by Pedders which they sell as Pedders Extreme XA for significantly more money.

Anyways, I have ordered myself a set. For street use, can't beat them. If I was to race I would have to spend a lot more, andwould prob opt for the Tein SS.

I got the Yellow-speed for $1000 suply only from Wholesale Suspension at Penrith. MX5Mania has them for the same price for the FD2 sedan.

keep us updated

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    + BC BR coilovers doing the job on my EG2

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Why would you spend that much on taiwanese junk when JdmConcept has Tanabe GF for $1420...really boggles my mind

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.p...e&mid=2&cid=34
    To lower those coilovers it would appear you would have to wind down your spring perch, therefore loosing your preload. BC have adjustable lower perches to change the height whilst keeping the spring preloaded. $1420 for coilovers that lose shock stroke to lower? May aswell cut the springs on stock struts, does the same thing. you can stick to your fancy names

Anyone having dramas with BC's being too bouncy is most likely due to higher then standard preload rates, matched with a high dampening rate. you can fine tune BC's to ride amazingly, you just need to know what you are doing in order to adjust them.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    To lower those coilovers it would appear you would have to wind down your spring perch, therefore loosing your preload. BC have adjustable lower perches to change the height whilst keeping the spring preloaded. $1420 for coilovers that lose shock stroke to lower? May aswell cut the springs on stock struts, does the same thing. you can stick to your fancy names

Anyone having dramas with BC's being too bouncy is most likely due to higher then standard preload rates, matched with a high dampening rate. you can fine tune BC's to ride amazingly, you just need to know what you are doing in order to adjust them.
    They look to be a twin tube design so they probably have plenty enough stroke to tolerate plenty of ride height change. Losing shock bump stroke at lower ride heights doesn't seem to bother Moton, Penske, JRZ, AST, Bilstein, Ohlins, Koni, KW etc. and you will rarely find height adjustment independent of shock stroke on shocks like that except when the engineers are getting creative with droop limiting or other advanced tuning techniques that are rarely applicable to FWD Hondas. Topping out a shock is just as bad as bottoming it out.

Also preload is a stupid term and should be struck from the vocabulary of automotive enthusiasts. You imply some "preload" is desirable, why is this? What's wrong with having the spring loose at full droop?