Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 93' H22A Build

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    I aint scared of the po-lice.
    Just kidding.

Bludger il do it just for you, but gimme a buck ?
    My Vtec used to go BWAAAAAAHHHH! Then I bought a supra...

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    A good cold air intake with a nice pod filter and a good full exhaust system (headers, catback, axelback) will net a good amount of power for the cost and make the car sound 10 times better.

Save up for some good adjustable coilovers I highly recommend it over just replacing springs.

Don't waste your time on a vtec controller the vtec engagement point that it is set at now is ideal unless you've changed some internals and had a retune, then lowering or raising your vtec engagement point might net some gains.

Get a heavy duty clutch instead of the flywheel yes they do give you a bit of extra responsiveness, but the heavy duty clutch will benefit alot more when driving uhhh enthusiastically.

The HID's are a definite yes.
    And yeah sound system is nice as long as you aren't driving around the main street of town with it maxed out and rattling the whole ****en car.

I suggest you remove the spoiler too gives the car a much cleaner look.

This is my old 93 lude with a type s h22a from the 5th gens swapped in.

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Oh almost forgot, SWAY BARS GET SOME SWAY BARS ASAP BEFORE ANYTHING.

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Looks sexy !

Ahh where do i start, thats a really helpful post lol.

Cold air intake and full exhaust is ofcourse my first goal in the performance wishlist, just need to save up a bit.. Do you know approximately how much it will cost for each piece?

Coilovers may take a while for me to get the money for but i really hope i get a chance to grab them.

I'm not 100% sure about the vtec controllers purpose lol but i heard it controls where the vtec kicks in. It currently kicks in about 5500 rpm. When i redline (7450 rpm) and i change gears, the rpm drops to about 4600 rpm then it takes another 900 rpm for vtec to kick in again! Sorry if i didn't explain that properly but i hope you get me.

I like my clutch :P but im not sure what clutch it is, feels really good though.

The sounds system.. yea rattles a bit lol but im still working on it to make it sound as clean as possible. Should be buying a nice pioneer head unit today aswell

The spoilers staying on! even though yours looks so good without it lol. But i just dont get how it costs alot to remove a spoiler just because of them two holes.

Sway bars - Front and rear done ! They make the handling so nice and smooth.

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Cold air intake and full exhaust is ofcourse my first goal in the performance wishlist, just need to save up a bit.. Do you know approximately how much it will cost for each piece?
    Depends where from, what brand, if it's custom, what your budget is etc it's a hard question to answer.
    I mean for headers alone you can spend like $150 on some cheapy dc sports ebay headers, or all the way up to $1000 for a set of bisimoto's or toda's.

I'm not 100% sure about the vtec controllers purpose lol but i heard it controls where the vtec kicks in. It currently kicks in about 5500 rpm. When i redline (7450 rpm) and i change gears, the rpm drops to about 4600 rpm then it takes another 900 rpm for vtec to kick in again! Sorry if i didn't explain that properly but i hope you get me.
    5500 seems a bit high for vtec on a h22a, don't quote me on this but thought it was meant to be 4800 rpm for h22a's, my old preludes was at 4800 and my civics at 4800 which has a h22a from a 5th gen type s prelude as well.
    Maybe it's cause mine was the Type S model?
    Regardless, it won't get any benefits without a proper tune/replacing some interals such as more aggro cams, all you'll do by changing the crossover point is stuff things up and probably lose power, the engines designed with a certain vtec engagement point which is based off the components and current tune of the engine such as the profile of the cams, the tune it is currently set to etc.

I like my clutch :P but im not sure what clutch it is, feels really good though.
    Just cause it feels nice doesn't mean it's any good... often some heavy duty clutches make it feel like you're shifting gears in a bus, but at high RPM when shifting really fast makes it a hell of a lot better.

But i just dont get how it costs alot to remove a spoiler just because of them two holes.
    You need to fill in the holes with putty, sand the bonnet back and respray it atleast 3-4 hours of labour right there. (That's if it's done properly)

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Thanks alot Wru. I'm looking mostly at getting a cold air intake setup at the moment since it's a really cheap performance upgrade and will probably fit my current budget

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Okay guys I want to service my lude. Since you all know a lot more about Preludes than me could someone hit me up with specifically everything I should buy?

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Wru View Post
    Depends where from, what brand, if it's custom, what your budget is etc it's a hard question to answer.
    I mean for headers alone you can spend like $150 on some cheapy dc sports ebay headers, or all the way up to $1000 for a set of bisimoto's or toda's.

5500 seems a bit high for vtec on a h22a, don't quote me on this but thought it was meant to be 4800 rpm for h22a's, my old preludes was at 4800 and my civics at 4800 which has a h22a from a 5th gen type s prelude as well.
    Maybe it's cause mine was the Type S model?
    Regardless, it won't get any benefits without a proper tune/replacing some interals such as more aggro cams, all you'll do by changing the crossover point is stuff things up and probably lose power, the engines designed with a certain vtec engagement point which is based off the components and current tune of the engine such as the profile of the cams, the tune it is currently set to etc.

Just cause it feels nice doesn't mean it's any good... often some heavy duty clutches make it feel like you're shifting gears in a bus, but at high RPM when shifting really fast makes it a hell of a lot better.

You need to fill in the holes with putty, sand the bonnet back and respray it atleast 3-4 hours of labour right there. (That's if it's done properly)
    the h22a type s is the higher revving engine mate.
    my 5th gen crossovers at 5200 or 5500. then and valve bounce is at 7800.. if its higher revving you are after do the h22a type s engine conversion.
    Welcome Abourd

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    H22 does not need to rev its ass off like a b series to make power rev @ 7800 is ample. Its called tq. Just call for the correct engine combo. H2b setups are reving @ 7500-7800 and running 11sec + with bolt on mods.

H22 need to breath, I'd suggest a 3 inch exhaust will be loud but will give u good Gaines, many people may disagree but time an time again its been proven on the dyno. as wru said a good header system bisimoto, Rmf replicas or hytec replicas are good.
    68mm throttle body, type s intake manifold.
    Last edited by MRJDM; 25-11-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by YLD-H22 View Post
    Okay guys I want to service my lude. Since you all know a lot more about Preludes than me could someone hit me up with specifically everything I should buy?
    Always get quality oils and change them every 5000km
    Bit of injector cleaner can be handy every 10000km or so
    Get throttle body and parts cleaner to clean your spark plugs and throttle body combine that with a good scrubbing
    If your spark plugs are black as shit just get new ones
    NGK PZFR6-11 are the best for h22's

Personally I just pay a mechanic to do a full service and clean my spark plugs, throttle body and anything else that could use a scrub once every 3 months.
    Saves me alot of time drop it there on a monday go to work knock off and pick it up that arvo.

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    I'l most likely end up doing the service with my mechanic to stay on the safe side

If all goes well, will have my ~2.75" cold air intake system with a K&N pod soon !

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    let me answer your question

the truth is out there...

The universe is bursting with life! But it's at the next density level,4th density and up,4d,which is the astral plane,the place we go when we dream.

We are at 3rd density,the physical plane.

There are many groups of 'alien' types who service the self sts or service to others sto at levels 4 and 6.5d is the place our true spirit goes after physical death,it is the contemplation zone a place of 'timeless understanding' where you have a range of emotions in profound clarity.

5th density is also called 'the soul recycling zone'.we review the physical life just passed and according to our 'karmic profile' we re-incarnate accordingly.we all have a 'karmic resonance profile'... Can u think what that could be?

Anyway,all this nonsense will be over soon!

Soon a-itu (spirit) will once again be re-united with the one,the divine,our home as true spirited beings,7th density.

1st and 2nd densitys are on the physical plane...

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.ph....html#msg16971
    Sounds like somene has enjoyed 1 too manny anal probings.....!! LOL
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!