Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

EP3R vs MPS3 vs XR5

Hi all, this is going to probably sound a bit silly but all of these 3 cars are around the same price and close to the same age and kms.

Which would you choose and why (I know this is a Honda forum!)

either ep3 or mps3 .. dw abt xr5 LOL

Any particular reason why?

I feel that the EP3R is slightly a bit long in the tooth while commanding the same price as the newer cars listed, but it appears that there are not many/if any faults or common problems associated with the EP3.

On the other hand, the MPS and XR5 are newer, have more up-to-date technology, but have similar kms on a much new platform. It seems the MPS have alot of niggley problems. XR5 seems safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Seen too many smokey MPS when the throttle is lifted, wouldn't touch em with a barge pole. XR5 is like a sports cruiser, great dose of torque but on the twisty bits ya left feeling empty. Hell that leaves the Ep3 which I've never driven !!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    XR5 turbo for me, coz it's a turbo 2.5 litre 5 cylinder. They boogy with simple mods
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Not trying to sound bias, but EP3 definitely the way to go. Mazda3 MPS lacks an LSD, combined with that turbo punch equates to a shit load of torque steer. The XR5, as mentioned above is more a grand touring hot hatch, rather than a weekend warrior. Also, EP3 is a bit cheaper on insurance from my understanding. Tho I may be incorrect with that, I guess it depends on where you live, age, driving history etc
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    *flame suit on* ....... How about the FN2R? =D

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    EP3... for sure.....

MPS are nice looking but ep3 are nicer.... and ep3 are more nippy also.... and im pretty sure they are quicker then mps.... just saying from what i have expirienced.. ;p

as for XR5.. only because its the turbo .. they can sound awesome if you give a little attention to the turbo system....

and not FN2R because..... they are like the EP3 gay brother.....they loose out... weigh more.... not independant suspension.... and power increase is negligable...
    Last edited by DCZ 18C; 16-11-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    ^xr5 only comes turbo lol
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    EP3... for sure.....

MPS are nice looking but ep3 are nicer.... and ep3 are more nippy also.... and im pretty sure they are quicker then mps.... just saying from what i have expirienced.. ;p

as for XR5.. only if its the turbo .. they can sound awesome if you give a little atention to the turbo system....

and not FN2R because..... they are like the EP3 gay brother.....they loose out... weigh more.... not independant suspension.... and power increase is negligable...
    FK YOU MOFO!!! Jks lol

OK, I recently went out looking for a new car, and was considering the DC5S, FN2R, EP3, new Clio and briefly, the MPS. I quickly decided I didn't like the MPS after my first drive, and after looking at some Clios in a dealer (didn't drive one) I decided I couldn't stand the crappy interior,so it was down to the DC5S, FN2R and EP3. From these, I found that the EP3 definitely had the most 'budget' feel out of the 5 (arguably, I would say it's nicer inside than the Clio though). The DC5S is nice but once I jumped in the FN2R I had to have it. The exterior is only starting to grow on me, but the interior is awesome, has heaps of toys, and if you check out the civinfo forum where a lot of owners owned both EP3s and FN2Rs, you'll find (hype and silly reviews aside), most prefer the FN2R. The chassis definitely feels stiffer than the DC5S, EP3R and Clio. Only thing the EP3R has over the FN2R imo is it feels a bit more nimble. Stock for stock it's definitely down to the driver.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    mps for sure! quick little car. slapped my mates i/h/e dc2r completely stock. it does have a lot of torque steer but i must admit it adds to the cars personality. it gives it a raw feeling, which most new cars lack now days.. (still not as raw as a dc2r though) ;P

I've driven none ofthem.

mps ftw