Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aiutn View Post
    i have a 'got2b car link' bluetooth i had installed on my 04 lux. its ok but the installer couldnt integrate it with stock head unit. He put in a small external speaker and when i receive a call, text, or place a call it turns head unit off and routes through external speaker.

a year later, not 100% happy on the arrangement. i would like to route through stock speakers. I enquired about the genuine Honda kit as i dont mind paying a premium for OEM stuff, but my Honda dealer said it wasn't compatible for my car. I didn't think anything of it until one day i came across this:

http://honda.com.au/cars_for-owners_...ne-system.aspx

and from that i would assume it is compatible?

anyone with an 04 (or a clue) could confirm it would work?
    I think it is pretty obvious that it is compatible with 04 Euro:

Compatible vehicles
    Accord Euro 03YM ~ 08YM (excluding models with Sat Nav)

thats what i thought, i wonder why this guy told me not compatible and threw away a $700 job...

Damn. $700!!!

Are you sure it's worth it? I mean I have xcarlink which only cost me 100 bucks and easily installed it myself and I am happy with it. Sound quality is not the best of course but it's sufficient for the random phone call really.

But hey it's your car so it's totally up to you, I'm just saying it's quite a bit of money

i use it alot for work so i may be able to claim back. im hoping if i install it myself it wont be as bad.

i may opt for the xcarlink though, ipod connector would be handy...

$499 outright
    $150 install

its a bit rich, has any one installed it themselves? I am a little unsure how to mount it to the side pillar - isnt there an airbag there?

and how to route the cables through?