Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '98 Odyssey

'98 Odyssey OBD socket

Hi folks
    Just bought a cheap '98 Odyssey. My first Honda and I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of this thing.
    Being cheap it has some issues, one of which is the 'Check Engine Light' has come on a few times. The owner's manual says it's Emissions Control and not to worry but I'm kinda keen to be sure so I want to get an OBD tool and see for myself.

So, if anyone can help with the following I'd be really grateful:

1) Where is the socket? (Google wasn't much help, the US version is different it seems)
    2) Is it OBDII? ... I hope so
    3) Any recommendations for which tool to buy? I'm looking on Ebay at Bluetooth plugs that will work with Android/iPhone
    4) Anything else I ought to know about owning a '98 Odyssey?

I realise it's an old car and most of you folks have much newer and nicer Hondas but this is all I could afford for now and I have 6 people to move.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    1998 Odessy does not have the OBDII Port

it is OBDIIa however it uses the 3 pin DLC connector

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '98 Odyssey
    Thanks for you reply, I really appreciate it.
    Could I push my luck and ask where the DLC thingo is located and what it looks like?

Thanks!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    it will be a 3 pin female connector blue in colour. It could be under the dash on either drivers or passangers side in a green rubber holder. It will be next to the 2 pin blue SCS connector

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '98 Odyssey
    Thanks very much, you've been very helpful.
    I found a blue connector under the passenger glove compartment and I'm guessing that's it.
    There is a 3 pin and a 2 pin blue connector as well as a blue mounted socket thingy that they usually sit in, presumably just to keep them tidy.

Now, if anyone has any hints on what to get to read the codes and what NOT to get that would be great.
    I've found a bunch of 3-pin to OBD cables on Ebay for Hondas so I'm guessing that's what I need and then something that fits the OBD and is compatible with the Honda standard.
    Does anyone know for sure which standard Honda uses on Aussie Odysseys?

Thanks again!