Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new CRV

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I got into the new CRV today... Niiiiice. The driving position seems better to me than the just superseded model (that my wife drives). I wasn't paying attention enough to notice whether the Luxury has memory function on the driver's seat.

Two problems that I have with my wife's car is that she's a lot smaller than me and so the seat is all the way forward. I'm big so I need the seat all the way back (even that's not enough) but when (1) I'm in the middle of a tropical deluge (with bucket size rains drops), it's a very wet experience waiting for the slow motorised seat to go all the way back and (2) watching the power window switches get soaked (doors are a stupid place for switches)...These problems would be fixed by seat memory. Does the new Luxury have memory function on the drivers seat?

My CL9 Standard doesn't have the problem because it has semi-automatic lever-action seats...(boom-boom)
    haha the first thing i wanted was memory seats as im 6'3" and my wife is rather short. im shattered it missed out on those but what can u do? i guess if it rains make the mrs drive lol
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

My first post just HAD to be a question, apologies

So has anyone been able to get their mitts on one for an actual drive yet?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by megabass View Post
    My first post just HAD to be a question, apologies

So has anyone been able to get their mitts on one for an actual drive yet?
    beem driving one the last 3 weeks! love it. so much i have purchased one!

the old model was good but i never really liked the looks of the front. The other thing i thought it needed was a bit more power, apart from that it was a good car.
    All i wanted in the new model was more power, xenon headlights in the luxury and full bluetooth streaming.
    Its got all that. Its heaps more quiet than the old one and is even more car like again. It feels a bit stiffer on the road and that also helps to make it feel like normal sedan handling.

not to mention it looks heaps better in the front and the back has grown on me too
    Last edited by UNLS1; 07-12-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks UNLS.

I actually don't mind the way it looks, it's definitely better than the superseded model but still not exactly exciting. A friend downright hates it!

One thing I'm wondering is the fact that the Civic got an almost entire redesign (was after only 1 yr?) and the car improved so much..... would HATE to be the one buying the CRV only for it to be upgraded (and made even better) a year later!

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    that wont happen with the crv.

when did the entire re design after 1 year????

Read it a few days ago. might have been on USATODAY. The journalist said that the new revised Civic could almost be an all new Civic, given how good it now is (or how bad it was, however you want to look at it)

Found the article. My mistake, it was almost 2 years, not one:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ation/1735935/

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    yeah thats the USA one. not asian

Crv - 2013

I wanted to say hi, and I hope to be amongst the first few to invigorate the new CR-V scene in Australia. It's sad that the once dominant SUV in Australia is no longer the SUV of natural choice.

It's so difficult to find useful information on doing aftermarket stuff to the CR-V, seems that most prefer the Gen 1 and Gen 2s. And Ozhonda forum is dominated by civic and accord discussions. I previously own an Accord so I understand why.

When I do receive the Mrs new CR-V in Feb, some pics will go up, with the modulo kit and other progressive mods.

Cheers all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    I'm looking into getting one of these for the wife - as her Civic got written off by a P Plater trying to cross her path.

Anyway - I can't seem to find a thread on what sort of prices people have managed to negotiate for this - am I not looking hard enough, or does one genuinely not exist?

What prices have people managed to negotiate with what additions etc?

Quote Originally Posted by deeps View Post
    I'm looking into getting one of these for the wife - as her Civic got written off by a P Plater trying to cross her path.

Anyway - I can't seem to find a thread on what sort of prices people have managed to negotiate for this - am I not looking hard enough, or does one genuinely not exist?

What prices have people managed to negotiate with what additions etc?
    Assuming you are based in Australia, you can go to whirlpool forums where abundance of price is discussed.
    2013 CR-V | Modulo F/R Bumper + Spoiler | Metallic Side Step | 19 inch Vertini Magics | Custom Red Leather Modulo Seats

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I got my wife a new CRV in late July with the advanced driver assistance system (the first one in the NT) which on the CRV, is the Lane Keeping Assist System, the (radar) Active Cruise Control and the Collision Mitigation Braking System.

The active cruise control can't be set to act like an ordinary cruise control and this is a fatal flaw. We've had many situations where a car in front slows rapidly to go into a turning lane and our CRV also slows rapidly, much to the surprise of drivers behind. This also happens with a car in the adjacent lane going around a bend in the road that slows to turn off. I reckon that this system will cause accidents.

It still doesn't come with memory seats and so I'll be getting wet in storms when I have to drive the car and have to wait for the slow electric seats to move all the way back (I'm big, she's small).

Apart from that there is a noticeable improvement in fuel economy over the old model as well as noticeably more power (140kW v's 125kW). The car is softer and feels more like a larger 4WD in the way it rolls about. It gives it a much nicer ride compared to the previous model, which is now my car. It's also quieter inside.

The interior feels more claustrophobic and the view out the rear isn't as good as the old model but we're getting used to it.

As for "my" car, a 2007 CRV Luxury that I inherited, I'm having a fancy double-DIN app radio fitted that has facility for reversing camera. It supposedly also allows me to plug in my phone and use navigation. I'm also having a thicker rear anti-sway bar custom made for the car: Just like I had the very first rsb for the CL9 Euro custom made by Whiteline many years ago. They don't do that anymore but they suggested another company that does such things. I also did this for my previous car, a 7th gen Civic VTi 5-door hatch.

The two things that I would have liked Honda to have done with the new CRV are memory on the driver's seat and to be able to switch the active cruise control to work like a normal cruise control when appropriate. Surely for the latter it's just a 'firmware upgrade'.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.