Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: new CRV

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I got my wife a new CRV in late July with the advanced driver assistance system (the first one in the NT) which on the CRV, is the Lane Keeping Assist System, the (radar) Active Cruise Control and the Collision Mitigation Braking System.

The active cruise control can't be set to act like an ordinary cruise control and this is a fatal flaw. We've had many situations where a car in front slows rapidly to go into a turning lane and our CRV also slows rapidly, much to the surprise of drivers behind. This also happens with a car in the adjacent lane going around a bend in the road that slows to turn off. I reckon that this system will cause accidents.
    My mate bought the 4WD VTi-L + ADAS so I guess he will get the same shock - horror - surprise if I don't see him first to tell him to aware of the above.

Thanks for the feedback SPQR even though it's not related to my own VT-i., it is handy information for other owners.

I am thinking to buy a 2WD VT-i Auto perhaps in December if it makes any difference in price. I definitely want floor matt, tint, and tonneau cover. Has anybody bought this car recently, and if you dont mind, how much did you pay for iand what accessories did you get? I am in Victoria and have no experience in buying car. Without your help, i would be an easy target for those salesmen.