Member Array
    Car:
    civic EK9

My car is dead, need HELP!!!!!

G'day guys,

Just recently reco my starter motor few days before the issue came alone, one day driving to work in the morning it was fine but coming back from the city, there was this weird noise coming from the front, i though it was strange so i rev the car and suddenly the car just die on me in the middle of the road.... everything is dead, there wasn't any power going through the car. I though it would just be the fuse but its not.
    Got the car towed home and tried to jump start the car but there was also something strange too, the jump start lead started burning as the rubber was melting... got scared and quickly disconnect the lead. hmmmmm

Do you guys have any ideas?
    please help

The person who reinstalled your starter motor did a very bad job.

There must be a short circuit somewhere near the starter motor.

Go back to the person or place that installed your reco'ed starter, tell them what has happened and tell them your car could have burned to ground.

Tell them to fix it.....

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    bludger is right,,

person installed it probably got the power cable rubbing against somewhere,
    possibly rebuilt it with wrong parts,
    is there any warranty or workmanship warranty on this job?

she'll be right
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    watever u do, dont try restarting or jumping the car again before you start melting power wires, ECU, fuse box and may even cause a fire!

its weird how it managed to get u to work then failed on the way home.

sounds like a Power cable/wire is grounding (possibly loose).

u can check this on the starter - look/trace for a thick wire coming out of the fuse box/starter relay - and trace this back to your starter motor. this wire should be connected to the 10/12mm bolt on the starter with a rubber grommet cover.

it is a common user/install fault if this is loose or the copper O ring crimp plug is bent and is common to ground to the tranny housing.

take it back to the fool who installed/repaired it for ya if you cant fix yourself.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......