Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

drive shaft spacers

so after swapping the drive shafts around to get of the 'shakes' only 4-5 months later there back. Now im in the market for a pair of spacers. Id only get the 2 peice ones as i know how much trouble it is to get the drive shaft pin back into the diff.

What brands have people used/recomend?

And has any one used these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-REAR-A...-/330616342044

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Megan seem to be ok, I bought a set a year ago just before I lowered my car in anticipation but didn't get any vibration (and still haven't) so I sold them on to a mate. They should work fine.

Be careful of T1R, I think some of the kits they used to sell had the wrong sized bolts included and they would vibrate loose over time..

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    I will have a pair of Hardrace 2 piece ones for sale very soon if you're interested (Will only be using them for the weekend due to an emergency!).

As euromandeluxe has said, just be careful of the bolts used if you do happen to get a T1R kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    I got the Exedium 2 piece spacers and they have been great. Ive had them on for a year if not more with no problems

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    I've had T1R half spacers in my car for around 2 years now. They have been great, got rid of all my vibration issues. Probably not much difference, between all the brands. They are all most likely made from the same factory in Taiwan, in just different colours.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I installed the T1R's, and a few kilometers later my girlfriend found nuts (not mine, she keeps them well secure) on the driveway.

Many of them had worked loose. That's the problem with using 3/8th bolts in 10mm holes.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8823...#entry20804138

I got the Exedium ones too, but yeah it's always the nut'ts and bolts which are the issue. Maybe try some locktite for extra security or upgrade to higher tensile bolts with better sizing from Bunnings or Supercheap (I think they sell it at SC).

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Wouldn't by from a hardware supermarket. I got mine from Coventry Fasteners.

with the bolts coming loose, are you guys re-using the standard bolts? or the ones that are usualy supplied with the spacers?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    See my link.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Get some Unbrako Durloks..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Get some Unbrako Durloks..
    they seem awesome. i have the issue of mine constantly going loose, even though they are tightened soo much.! where can i buy them from? do you know what specs they need to be for the s2?