Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Long distant drive in a B18C

Hey guys,

I'll be doing a trip down to Sydney from Brisbane in a few weeks and I would like to know if anyone else has done that in a B18C/2 Integra.

My car has a dc2r 4.7fd gearbox and sitting at 110km/h my car sits more than 3.5k rpm. 120 is nearly 4k rpm.

Driving normally my oil temp sits around 100deg max. Only goes higher if I drive abit hard.

Is that Oil temp too high for normal driving?
    What would you guys reccomend I should do to prep for a long drive? Oil Cooler perhaps?
    I have recently bought a dual core rad, new hoses and coolant. But I dont think thats enough to be safe than sorry.

Just very worried that something might go wrong in an expensive way lol, so its probably a good idea to ask.

I'll be driving at night conditions anyway so it should be nice and cool.

Ideas will be apprciated with a +1 rep.
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 18-11-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Hey guys,

I'll be doing a trip down to Sydney from Brisbane in a few weeks and I would like to know if anyone else has done that in a B18C/2 Integra.

My car has a dc2r 4.7fd gearbox and sitting at 110km/h my car sits more than 3.5k rpm. 120 is nearly 4k rpm.

Driving normally my oil temp sits around 100deg max. Only goes higher if I drive abit hard.

Is that Oil temp too high for normal driving?
    What would you guys reccomend I should do to prep for a long drive? Oil Cooler perhaps?
    I have recently bought a dual core rad, new hoses and coolant. But I dont think thats enough to be safe than sorry.

Just very worried that something might go wrong in an expensive way lol, so its probably a good idea to ask.

I'll be driving at night conditions anyway so it should be nice and cool.

Ideas will be apprciated with a +1 rep.
    I'm From Melb, now in Syd, stock dc2r

done a return trip twice.your biggest problem is if you have recaro seats.

Just use your car as normal. no need extra maintenance.

It's not the RPM you're at that creates heat, it's the fuel being burnt. At highway speeds, it's **** all fuel being used. I get a theoretical 550km per tank.

Also the amount of cold air going into the front......

relax bro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I'm From Melb, now in Syd, stock dc2r

done a return trip twice.your biggest problem is if you have recaro seats.

Just use your car as normal. no need extra maintenance.

It's not the RPM you're at that creates heat, it's the fuel being burnt. At highway speeds, it's **** all fuel being used. I get a theoretical 550km per tank.

Also the amount of cold air going into the front......

relax bro.
    Haha thanks man! All I needed to know I guess
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    i've done sydney to cairns (30 hour drive). No drammers at all, just uncomfortable in the recaro's/ no sound deadening/ after market exhaust/ coilovers.

10 hour drive is nothing. Just make sure you have a spare wheel and jack/ water.

and yeah like bludger said, i to was getting 550- 600+ kms a tank.

Don't see why it'd overheat sitting at 110km/h. lmao @ oil cooler for your trip.

even if you wanted to get there in 7 or 8 hours instead of 10, you would be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    i've done sydney to cairns (30 hour drive). No drammers at all, just uncomfortable in the recaro's/ no sound deadening/ after market exhaust/ coilovers.

10 hour drive is nothing. Just make sure you have a spare wheel and jack/ water.

and yeah like bludger said, i to was getting 550- 600+ kms a tank.

Don't see why it'd overheat sitting at 110km/h. lmao @ oil cooler for your trip.
    Thanks man! Haha I thought my oil temp would rise by heaps and damage stuff.

your fuel consumptions is really good

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    even if you wanted to get there in 7 or 8 hours instead of 10, you would be fine.
    Yeah haha but I'll probably take heaps of stops, aim is 13hrs .

One thing I found out is that race tape, will get one to save from rock chips.
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Thanks man! Haha I thought my oil temp would rise by heaps and damage stuff.

your fuel consumptions is really good

Yeah haha but I'll probably take heaps of stops, aim is 13hrs .

One thing I found out is that race tape, will get one to save from rock chips.
    Rep'ed for the race tape idea.

Why didn't I think of that????

Member Array
    Car:
    Teg
    cairns to Brisbane no stopping apart from fuel and food 2 drivers temps were fine, should only ever be unsure if you motor is ancient/ bad condition. vtec motors run like any other road car motor.. until the little roar you will be more than fine.
    All Motor

I drove from melb to sydney i didnt mind at all in my dc2r but my gf got sick of my exhaust. One thing i brought just incase was a 20L jerry can of petrol

Also definately use that tape, i got so many stone chips big and small from that trip all over my lip and front half of bonnet. Probably cos i was just chillin behind trucks cos i didnt want their headlights in my rear view mirror though

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by slingsy View Post
    cairns to Brisbane no stopping apart from fuel and food 2 drivers temps were fine, should only ever be unsure if you motor is ancient/ bad condition. vtec motors run like any other road car motor.. until the little roar you will be more than fine.
    i did brisbane to cairns in one go by myself, srs. only stopped for fuel and food.

I'm amazing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    i drive dubbo to sydney in my DC2R (b18cr) twice a month on average, always get around 650km to a tank, at 162kw very proud of my teggy

if you feel safe to drive your car around town, you should feel safe to drive it on long trips cmon, its a honda
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Thanks heaps guys,

I just dont want to overkill the car, hopefully it reaches to NSW and back to QLD. I'll update on this page how I go, haha.

Definetly getting a Jerry can just incase I don't see a BP or something good lollol.
    teamGROUNDzero