Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    Yeah, I will get it tuned ASAP after everything is installed. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those cel horror stories that I have heard of with other fd owners installing intakes, I have yet too see someone install this intake on their FD2. If worst comes to worst ill turn to the one who sold and recommended it to me and let them handle it. Any recommendations on what ecu management device I should use ? Hondata has nothing compatible with the k20z2, so a piggyback ecu chip will have to suffice.
    If my post was useful, please give a Good Post Quality (PQ) Point

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Yes Hondata will is not compatible unless you use a U.S model ECU.

I'm using Emanage Ultimate and it works pretty well.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Get a Haltech ECU (www.haltech.com). There isn't a direct plug'n'play, but they will have something available for you. Very easy to find a tuner for it and good backing as it is Australian made & owned
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    if its a really rainy day, and theres huge puddles in the road (which there often is with the shit sydney roads), if you just so happen to be on full throttle (which you shouldnt in the rain with a CAI) the filter will suck up all the water and ur effed. but i believe it does need to be quite a big puddle lol.
    I heard a hydroshield works wonders for days like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    Yes Hondata will is not compatible unless you use a U.S model ECU.

I'm using Emanage Ultimate and it works pretty well.
    Oh k is there i significant difference if i choose either ? Ill probably go for the cheaper and easier alternative, Emanage Ultimate.

Get a Haltech ECU (www.haltech.com). There isn't a direct plug'n'play, but they will have something available for you. Very easy to find a tuner for it and good backing as it is Australian made & owned
    Yeah there products look pretty good, ill look into it. thanks for the recommendation.

I heard a hydroshield works wonders for days like that.
    Yeah i have heard the Hydo Shields work well but the affect it has on the little gains and sound achieved by the intake is reduced a very little bit even though it would be hardly noticeable. Any other methods of countering it other then putting a Hydro Shield over the intake ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    Installed the RBC intake manifold and Injen Intake today, Results were dissapointing. Best of stock dyno runs 91 kw atw, best of after installation runs 99.2 kw atw. Power output until 6500 rpm is pretty much identical and then from there on till the rev limiter there is 8 kw atw increase. Also 600 idle RPM now, with the car sounding like its about to stall every 10 seconds when stationary and all i can do now is get it used to it until i do an engine swap. $1200 down the drain and i dont recomend it to anyone. Any ideas on what engine i should drop in ? currently considering 2007+ Cl9, FN2, FD2R engines.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    WOW. I would of thought you would of atleast touched the 110kw barrier. K20z's arent as strong as I perceived.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I would not expect much more until the exhaust is upgraded and the car is tuned
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    Yeah there isnt much more to expect out of the k20z2 unless you use force induction. My tunner said that with the RBC, CAI, headers and cat back exhaust installed + tune i shouldnt expect more then 110 kw atw, and i cant turbo it or supercharge it as yet because im still on my provisional licence until the end of next year. And it is so hard to drive now, so i have decided the whole engine ASAP.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    u need a tune for the new intake manifold...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    i know what engine... the s2000 k20 !
    Last edited by ryaan; 03-12-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: wait my bad... engines older than the car

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaan View Post
    i know what engine... the s2000 k20 !
    You mean f20c?

Op did you upgrade the throttle body and port match the the rbc? And you have not tuned it? No wonder its running like shit. 8kw increase is not to bad for just rbc and injen, considering it hasn't even been tuned yet. Just leave it stock until you get your opens, then decide if you wan't to turbo the car or sell it and move onto something more performance oriented.

You'd be looking at big bucks for fd2r k20 plus bolt ons and tune.