Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Big big bucks for any engine upgrade into your very oh so tight engine bay. Expect $10k or so for the block + install + tune
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    i know what engine... the s2000 k20 !
    lol that would be pretty epic but i dont think its possible because my fd2 is drive by wire and also for the reason you mentioned in your edit.
    If my post was useful, please give a Good Post Quality (PQ) Point

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    Op did you upgrade the throttle body and port match the the rbc? And you have not tuned it? No wonder its running like shit. 8kw increase is not to bad for just rbc and injen, considering it hasn't even been tuned yet. Just leave it stock until you get your opens, then decide if you wan't to turbo the car or sell it and move onto something more performance oriented.

You'd be looking at big bucks for fd2r k20 plus bolt ons and tune.
    No i didnt upgrage the throttle body or port match the RBC although i was told that it was very small and that i should look into getting a throttle body from a Acura TSX 07/08 for improvements. Aparently its not that expensive to source, about 4.5 k for the k20z4 or the k20a and most affordable choice is the k24's for 2 k and to drop either engine in for $1000 from my tunner

Big big bucks for any engine upgrade into your very oh so tight engine bay. Expect $10k or so for the block + install + tune
    Hope fully i can get it done within a decent price range.

Correct me if i am wrong, i will be getting qutoes for these engines that i believe are compatible with my car.

-K20A FD2R
    -K20z3 FG2
    -K20z4 FN2
    -K24z3 2008+Euro
    -K24a3 2003+Euro
    If my post was useful, please give a Good Post Quality (PQ) Point

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Any updates?
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abzii View Post
    Installed the RBC intake manifold and Injen Intake today, Results were dissapointing. Best of stock dyno runs 91 kw atw, best of after installation runs 99.2 kw atw. Power output until 6500 rpm is pretty much identical and then from there on till the rev limiter there is 8 kw atw increase. Also 600 idle RPM now, with the car sounding like its about to stall every 10 seconds when stationary and all i can do now is get it used to it until i do an engine swap. $1200 down the drain and i dont recomend it to anyone. Any ideas on what engine i should drop in ? currently considering 2007+ Cl9, FN2, FD2R engines.
    hey Mr abzii i am in the same shoes are you was just wondering if you tuned after installing the RBC manifold and injen intake, and also when i drove teh car did you feel abit of power?

No offence man, but bolt on upgrades really aren't going to give you that much power. You'll end up spending an astronomical amount for maybe 40hp. I had the same idea as you when I got my civic, and eventually reality hits you in the face ;-).

If you do choose to go with the upgrades though and want to tune your car, I'd recommend buying the Flashpro, and doing the e-tune route, and seek VitViper, I've only read good things about him.

http://www.hondata.com/

http://www.e-tunez.com/ <- VitViper

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    No offence man, but bolt on upgrades really aren't going to give you that much power. You'll end up spending an astronomical amount for maybe 40hp. I had the same idea as you when I got my civic, and eventually reality hits you in the face ;-).

If you do choose to go with the upgrades though and want to tune your car, I'd recommend buying the Flashpro, and doing the e-tune route, and seek VitViper, I've only read good things about him.

http://www.hondata.com/

http://www.e-tunez.com/ <- VitViper
    40hp if you're lucky...
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd2
    mine was around 148hp with bolts on

idk about you, but my ass doesnt care for kw numbers. it only understands gains in terms of responsiveness, pull, and various other affects of g-force.

i also dont drive into ditches and puddles.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    idk about you, but my ass doesnt care for kw numbers. it only understands gains in terms of responsiveness, pull, and various other affects of g-force.

i also dont drive into ditches and puddles.
    so you want talk

go buy a bigger engine
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

buy one for me

one with heaps of talk and powa

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Buy a V8 m8
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.