Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2011 IPRA Nationals

This weekend is the 2011 IPRA Nationals, held at Mallala in SA. Our 2010 IPRA National Championship EG Civic is there to defend it's title. We had quite alot of new parts not arriving in time for this event, so the car is not as quick as it could of been.

Car went well on Friday and posted fastest times in class. Also today it posted fastest times in class and won in it's class.

It is doing 1:18sec laps with the top IPRA guys not in our class doing 1:15sec lap times.
    The next fastest car in our class is a little Datto that is very quick and tidy and is posting 1:19sec lap times.

Final race tomorow.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

good luck. Go the Honda's

We did it, 2011 IPRA National Champions again.
    Can we make it a hat trick and win next year in Tassie?
    Wait another year to find out.
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Oh, forgot to mention, lap record at Mallala also.

Account Disabled Array
    Well done guys. Doing well Reppin the Honda's

Question, why was this event on when there was a state round in NSW as well?

Thanks Benny.
    Yer last year the nationals were only 1 week from the nsw final IPRA race.
    Not very good organization IMO.
    You would think that they wouldn't make the nationals so close to the NSW round when NSW has one of the biggest IPRA entrant numbers, especially in U2L.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Sometimes it's all down to the CAMs calendar and usually events are organised around other more major events. So there is inevitably a clash of dates. You'd think there was little difficulty in organising decent time spaces between events but it's not as easy as that!

Shame really as the NSW boys could have given the rest a good shake.

Congratulations on your team being 2011 champs, again.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Yep defiantly, NSW has the strongest feild of U2L cars in the nation.

Even though we are the IPRA National champs for 2 years running now, unless we compete directly against the top NSW cars then it isn't really true if we were to say we are the fastest U2L IPRA car in OZ.

Likewise, people from NSW (In any form of motorsport, IPRA, TIME ATTACK, SPRINTS, HILLCLIMBS etc) shouldn't make claims that they are fastest in OZ unless they have competed and won against the top cars from every state.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Holy crap!!! You guys managed a 1:18!?!? :O that is an amazing time, congratulations! I came out to have a watch on the Sunday and only saw you guys lapping 1:22's but 18's is an amazing time especially with all the regulations of an IP car.

We have a very competitive Time Attack series and with a time like that you would be pretty close to a top 10 finish and that's against some serious, pretty much unrestricted cars.

Well done, gives me something to aim for with my EG hope to see the beast out there again next year.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    Holy crap!!! You guys managed a 1:18!?!? :O that is an amazing time, congratulations! I came out to have a watch on the Sunday and only saw you guys lapping 1:22's but 18's is an amazing time especially with all the regulations of an IP car.

We have a very competitive Time Attack series and with a time like that you would be pretty close to a top 10 finish and that's against some serious, pretty much unrestricted cars.

Well done, gives me something to aim for with my EG hope to see the beast out there again next year.
    Went to Mallala for the June race meet to see how the car went on the track in preparation for the Nationals. Fastest time of the weekend back then was 18.03 on the Saturday on tyres that had already done 20 odd laps, and a very tired motor.

The Nationals are not so much about how quick you are, but about who finishes first. I did the times necessary to keep in front of my opposition, and to finish the 20 lapper, no more or less. The other "rider" was that our engine builder has let us down very badly and we are still using that tired old engine we were using in June! I have no doubt that with a fresh engine and green tyres we would see a low 17 sec lap, and with a better driver maybe even more?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Quote Originally Posted by sadlerau View Post
    The Nationals are not so much about how quick you are, but about who finishes first. I did the times necessary to keep in front of my opposition, and to finish the 20 lapper, no more or less. The other "rider" was that our engine builder has let us down very badly and we are still using that tired old engine we were using in June! I have no doubt that with a fresh engine and green tyres we would see a low 17 sec lap, and with a better driver maybe even more?
    Completely understand and agree, why push harder than you have to and risk issues

Any idea how Platters EG went? I believe they were having some problems and didn't run in the final. He still run the B16 setup?
    Getting there...

Yer he still B16. He was running 1:20, very respectable for a 1.6L