Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Finally have some in-car footage from the "black beast".

Gavin Reynolds is doing the driving this year, and this was his first "Race" meeting and only his third race!

The car has some issues to resolve - new motor which we can't rev out because of oil cavitation problems from the K20 oil pump [being resolved]. It also did not have the optimum front suspension
    package, as we have a damaged upper ball joint on that set-up which should [finger's crossed] be resolved for our next meeting. Gearing is an issue with the extra power form the new motor, and
    this will take some time to sort out - but we will get there.

Lastly the Integra was using the much grippier Yokohama 050 rather than the 048s we were using. Anyway enjoy the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EIhKNwAN8HE

Member Array
    Car:
    Oh and he set a new IPRA Under 2 Litre lap record on the second lap - big opposite lock moment and all

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Lastly the Integra was using the much grippier Yokohama 050 rather than the 048s we were using. Anyway enjoy the race
    [/QUOTE]

That Integra is running a B20 I believe so he would be short 30 odd hp on your car and he won 2 out of the 3 races too.He was great to watch and the way it jumped off the rather large ripple strip was quite scary.Keep up the great racing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    That Integra is running a B20 I believe so he would be short 30 odd hp on your car and he won 2 out of the 3 races too.He was great to watch and the way it jumped off the rather large ripple strip was quite scary.Keep up the great racing.

Colin's ITR is running a B18 with a sleeved block, not a B20 block - with Quad throttle bodies and many months of development work! But I would be surprised if he was giving away 30hp at peak, as the speed difference at the end of the straights wasn't that big. The biggest difference between a B and K motor is in the mid-range, where there is as much as 30hp difference but at 6000rpm. At 8000 the B is catching up, and wont finish that far behind by the time they reach 9000

I am really looking forward to watching those two race over the next few months [almost as much as I would, doing the driving!]. There is going to be some great races, as they respect each other and give each other racing room.

Oh, and a little birdie tells me Colin is already well advanced on building a K20 powered EK

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Great footage sadlerau ! I reckon Gav's a little too polite, I would have rubbed all the goddam blue paint off that pricks bumper, specially after that manouvre at 8.50. Looking forward to more footage

Member Array
    Car:
    Getting a little excited aren't we? Colin's not a prick by any means, a very nice polite guy off the track, but a bit of a demon on! But that is what I would expect from someone at the pointy end of the field

That manouvre at 8:50 is a fairly common one at Barbagallo Raceway - the car behind dive-bombing the car on the racing line, and the smart drivers give the car coming through lots of room - as Gavin did. Nothing to get too excited about

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Breeze
    enjoyed watching that vid..nice battle with the dc2

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Obviously not racing for sheep stations as both passes on the Integra, driver Colin gave plenty of room.Very polite.I couldn't help myself I would have braked on the right hand side and made the Civic drive around the outside.I hope you post up future races for our enjoyment.

Member Array
    Car:
    I think Colin was being "nice" because it was Gavin's first meet. Don't remember him being so generous when I was out there!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    We are all waiting for the latest vids from the 22nd,hoping they are even better or did the blue Integra get you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    We are all waiting for the latest vids from the 22nd,hoping they are even better or did the blue Integra get you.

Unfortunately there won't be any vids form the July meeting

Some issues have developed on the car. We ran it at the Tuning Day prior to the race meeting, and Gavin reported that the engine felt "soft" in it's power delivery. So on the following Wednesday night she was sent off for a dyno run, which it was running slightly down on power and the culprit seemed to be the air-fuel ratio which was much leaner than the previous run. The injectors were taken out to be flow checked [we have had issues with these in the past] and sent for evaluation Thursday. Back in the workshop on Thursday night Gavin decided [being the VERY thorough person he is] to check the fuel system. To his horror, the first item he checked, the pre-filter, was chock a block full of small metal fillings!! As was the main filter and some minute traces even made it as far as the fuel rail

The fuel injectors came back with a clean bill of health and Saturday morning Gavin and Dev set about replacing/cleaning the fuel system in preparedness for a dyno run late Saturday afternoon for a final check out before the race meeting on Sunday. The only concern long term is we will be replacing the foam filled fuel tank, as there is no chance of getting that clean! Where did the metal fillings come from you ask? I had bought a brand new, fancy rotary fuel pump to decanter our E85 out of the 200 litre drums it is delivered in. It seem that the expensive pump was only good for creating more expense! From now on it's the plastic jiggler hose for that duty

The car dynoed ok, still a bit down on peak power but otherwise healthy again. Gavin drove the car back to the workshop to do the final preparation work for the race meeting, and on the way home [15 minute drive] he noticed a slight vibration coming form the engine at low rpm. When he pulled into the workshop he could hear a faint rattle from the engine!! A panicked few hours of looking and running dianostics on the computer eventually exposed a problem with the VTC pulley not playing it's part. It was varying it's cam phasing without permission from the computer! Doh. The motor down low is ok, as an "Oil Check" has given the oil a clean bill of health

Upshot is we didn't make it to the race meeting, and as of today we will begin the investigation into what has happened.