Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

Adjusting wheel fitment to be legal

Hi All

As most of you may be aware i have fitted on my new wheels to my car. Within one day of having them camberd and tucked into the guards, i got given a Minor Defective Vehicle Yellow Sticker for the wheels protruding from the guard and need to get it fixed.

see latest pics here to understand what i mean http://photobucket.com/ALPS2K

For now, i'll be putting my old wheels back on to get it cleared, but i don't want to get rid of my brand new wheels after spending soo much on fitment. So, i wonder if anybody knows of any good ideas to be able to adjust them to fit.

Soo far the ideas im juggling through are:

1. Upper Ball Joints with Adjustable camber to maybe tuck the wheels in some more and less camber. though i don't think it would make much difference.

2. Get a Flare Kit, one that i like is the 4 piece one from A-sport http://www.carid.com/2000-honda-s200...AID=1010037417
    love how it has the additional piece that goes onto the rear bumper as well. dislike it doesn't go to the skirt. Couldn't find any other good kits. please suggest if you know any.

3. side strakes and the gp sports rear bumper add ons, which i doubt it would hide much.

good or bad comments welcomed lol
    Last edited by ALPS; 22-11-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Did u get a major or minor canary ?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Minor.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Then you don't need a rwc

So put the stickies back on and get the canary cleared then go home and put ur work emotions back on.
    You were unlucky the first time to get dicked, more of a hassle IMO to start putting flare kits or new upper ball joints
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Then you don't need a rwc

So put the stickies back on and get the canary cleared then go home and put ur work emotions back on.
    You were unlucky the first time to get dicked, more of a hassle IMO to start putting flare kits or new upper ball joints
    What happens if i get pulled over again? will i get a fine next? will it be major next? will i not be able to drive it? lol i'm just worried and i'd rather do what i can from preventing that from happening, obviously some people will say, then get rid of the wheels and get proper ones to fit. but i like these massive ones and want to do what i can do make it work.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Bro relax u will jst get another canary, hopefully a minor unless they find u have 3 or more defectable things then its a major lol, u will get the flare kit then ur offset will look gay with it. Then ur going to wana sell the wheels for something that pokes out more.

My cousin has these wheels on his s15 for the past year with no cop trouble at all. And his rear poke out abit more,
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    no point getting more camer for the wheels to sit in if it already clears the guards. They will rape you for camber wear anyway clear the minor slap em back on and repeat, welcome to the world of defects lol
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Id just put the old wheels back on, get it cleared and then go back to the new ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    what are your wheel specs??

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    If you want the look, you gotta play the defect game really I hope you have RDOs to waste at work

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I think you should take these guys advice. Particularly if you're into men in uniform, as you'll get to meet a few.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Ok thing is i can't take anymore sickies off work. I've taken enough for this car already. Got none left. Guess ill just get them back on and see how i go. The upper ball joint would be so i can bring the upper and lower camber in to hopefully tuck the wheels in some more.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.