Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Wanting to make more power...

Hey all,

I'm in the process of sourcing an rbc and 70mm throttle body for my DC5R, and figured that since I'm planning on buying more parts in the future, I should fit them all at once to save on tuning costs. But the question is, what sort of parts should I be looking at next?

The car currently has I/H/E, Kpro and the rbc and 70mm t/b are on their way. I don't want to do internals yet (rather do that last) and I want to keep the car NA. So what sorts of things should I be looking at? Please give a reason why for each part.

Cheers, Nuci.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Hi Nuci.

You've done all the breathing modifications that are outside the motor.
    You don't want to open up the engine & you're not happy with your current power output.
    HMmmmm.
    You know, there might be more modifications you could do outside the motor, but srs'ly, do you really think it will make that much difference???
    It's not going to make you

from the extra power is it......
    Open it up is your next step.

regards
    your helpful ohsc
    watajk

So no point in doing things like fuel pump, fuel rail, injectors? Those were the types of things that I wanted to do before internals such as cams, etc. That way I get the most out of them. That was my understanding at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    So no point in doing things like fuel pump, fuel rail, injectors? Those were the types of things that I wanted to do before internals such as cams, etc. That way I get the most out of them. That was my understanding at least.
    those modifications will

notsrs tag used.

not srs.

but you want to do them just do eeettttt

do you need a

to make your decisions?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Heavy duty clutch - Better clamping and torque load. So better launches and grippier shifts = Fast time 1/4 mile
    Lightened flywheel - Engine revs alots quicker but at the same time upon release of throttle decelerates alot faster = More rev happy car
    Final drive - This is where the energy from the gearbox is last transfered before it hits the wheels. This modification works through gear ratios. The higher the number the lower the final drive. E.g a s2k has 4.1 where for one rotation the final drive spins 4.1 times if it had a 4.4 final drive it means that for every one rotation it now spins 4.4 times. BUt this has itd downs aswell. Cruising on the highway will suck your petrol.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht=final+drive

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Heavy duty clutch - Better clamping and torque load. So better launches and grippier shifts = Fast time 1/4 mile
    Lightened flywheel - Engine revs alots quicker but at the same time upon release of throttle decelerates alot faster = More rev happy car
    Final drive - This is where the energy from the gearbox is last transfered before it hits the wheels. This modification works through gear ratios. The higher the number the lower the final drive. E.g a s2k has 4.1 where for one rotation the final drive spins 4.1 times if it had a 4.4 final drive it means that for every one rotation it now spins 4.4 times. BUt this has itd downs aswell. Cruising on the highway will suck your petrol.
    you need to re read.

you can clearly see by the pixels that he is chasing numbers. I've seen a fair few of those people in my time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    you need to re read.

you can clearly see by the pixels that he is chasing numbers. I've seen a fair few of those people in my time.
    That's definately a integrA.

Clutch flywheel do not add any killer wasps.

If you want more killer wasps then you need to open your engine. All the other one stuff may help like 1 killer wasps but that money you may just get moar aggressive cams.

Skunk2 probably bang for buck or maybe Brian corwer.

Also a reputable tuner and a good tune would get you more killer wasps.

From your locally friendly ohsc

Indie

~King Of Spam~

Ive already got ORC clutch and 3.9kg flywheel, Decided against changing the final drive coz dont want the car to be doing a million rpm on the highway lol. Thanks anyway though. And Bludger I've got NFI what you're on about as usual.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    those modifications will

notsrs tag used.

not srs.

but you want to do them just do eeettttt

do you need a

to make your decisions?
    His saying that those mods will help get the "wow" and that his not srs

Then his asking that you already know what to do and just need someone to "hold your hand" whilst you do et

~King Of Spam~

Well why not just say that? Instead of speaking riddles that only clowns like him can understand? I asked a simple question, which requires a simple answer. I don't think it needs pictures. FFS get a job mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Well why not just say that? Instead of speaking riddles that only clowns like him can understand? I asked a simple question, which requires a simple answer. I don't think it needs pictures. FFS get a job mate.
    Lmzo. Pics say a thousand words mate. Please get with it.

I answered your question. No need to flame bau. His a green whale Ganga. Respect
    -ohsc

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    you need to re read.

Wouldnt an efficient drive line make him faster?

TODA AU - Correct... You guess about most people is also correct...
    The order things are listed in is in order of deminishing return on investment.
    If you have to do things in stages or an order, this is what you aught to stick to...
    Fwiw: I always reccomend flywheel, clutch & final drive sets over intake & exhaust because if you put the two cars next to each other.
    The stock looking & sounding one, with only the flywheel, clutch & final drive;will chop the noisy bucket (Intake, header, exhaust only) every time...
    It will do so, quickly, quietly and by a considerable margin.
    For guys who only what a mild improvement to their car this is a sensible path...
    There is no compromise to the reliability of the vehicle nor it's plain jane charater.
    Adding the intake - header - exhaust after that is smarter.
    You already have an efficient driveline, the small gains you get from bolt-ons will now take greater effect

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...0%93-DC5R-mods