Buying a car from vic to nsw ? ***

hey guys tried seaching up but couldnt find anything about VIC to NSW

so i am thinking of swapping my car with a guy down in vic.. but he does not have RWC and also engine is not registered to the car but does have rego.

Do i need a RWC to get the car transferred to my name when i get it down to sydney ?

need some help guys

cheers

You did not try searching lol, the topic of car transfers gets started so often there'd be a minimum of 10 threads.

But anyway since your buying interstate the seller doesn't need to provide rwc to u because you have to get one in NSW Regarding engine to car you need a blue slip, I don't follow nsw vehicle laws so can't help you there other than the fact that it's much easier to reg engine to car in NSW, goodluck

i know u need blueslip to change the engine number.. but what i wanna know is

if i bring the car back here , what do i need to do ? get a pinkslip ?

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    What you need to have is the proof of purchase and or Notice of disposal completed as part of the sale on the registration papers.

Once you have this, go and get a Blue slip for the engine # change over and then go to the RTA.

You do not need a pinkslip if the vehicle still has REGO from another state.

You will need to complete the NSW Vehicle transfer form as you are purchasing a vehicle from another state.

VERY IMPORTANT - is to ensure that all proof of purchase is provided at hand and you will need to pay stamp duty, a new NSW standard number plates and any other related costs.

Very simple and should be a smooth change over.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    blue slip over rides need for pink slip,

eg scenario: if a car is out of rego for less then 3 months it will need pink slip, if longer it will need a blue slip. they just check more things on a blue slip and it covers all things they do in a pink slip.

what if i dont wanna get a blueslip for the engine is that okay ? car still has rego .. so can i just simply go to rta and get the transferred straight away

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM-EGG View Post
    what if i dont wanna get a blueslip for the engine is that okay ? car still has rego .. so can i just simply go to rta and get the transferred straight away
    ask the dude to register it first then buy it.. wouldnt that be easier?
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

car has a k24 into a ek so it will need to be engineered

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
    ask the dude to register it first then buy it.. wouldnt that be easier?

car is registered as he said,

if you dont want to change the engine #, then just go str8 in and do a xfer with all your supporting docs.

i would at least recommend to get a blue slip for the engine #. This way you wouldnt have so much trouble with the friendlys as papers and engine numbers matches.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......