Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purchasing a car interstate

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how this is done?
    How is payment made?
    How do you make sure that if you pay 10K for example that a car WILL show up? ie, they don't take the 10K and you never hear from them.
    What if the car is not as describe?
    And, cost of freight, and some freight companies?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Best to fly out and check it out yourself?

Yes but if it is a 3 day drive away? ie, to buy it and drive it 2,000km?
    Accommodation, plane ticket, food, time, other commitments etc may be a negating factor

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    if its really worth it you'd inspected it first
    Welcome Abourd

It's not a performance car, I want to buy a 2002 Verada.
    So it is not modified and usually driven by old people, also I would ask a fellow member from aussiemagna to check it out for me.

Either which way, ignoring other alternatives, does anyone know the answers to my questions?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Well..that is the best answer to your question to make sure you don't lose 10k..to do it yourself in person.
    However, i do believe paypal covers a large sum of money...should look into that.
    As for car not described, you could call up NRMA or some other third party to go have a look at the car on your behalf and give you a decent report on the vehicle.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    When i bought my CB7, I flew from Newcastle to Melbourne, got the guy to pick me up from the airport in said car.
    I drove all the way back to his place, inspected the car further, wired him the $'s and drove 1,200km/s home.
    No regrets.

I know of people who've used those companys who 'inspect' for you.. And been dissapointed with what they ended up getting.
    And who's to say the seller won't slip the inspector a $50 to get him to lie? Lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    buying a performance car, family car, truck bus bike whatever vehicle. you have to check it out.

there could be problems that the owner doesnt know of and hasnt mentioned.

i would def pay for a plane ticket up and check it out just to save you losing 10k. rather spend that extra coin for safety

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Spetz, it's great fun to buy your car and take it for a cruise all the way home - Bonding time! Take a friend up with you, check it out and drive back home together.

Best thing is to make a trip of it. Take your girlfriend (or boyfriend/best friend, etc) and check out the local attractions/sights etc. That way, if the car is not something you want, then at least you had a fun trip. I would (and most people have) recommend AGAINST just buying the car without checking it out yourself. A few hundred dollars and heaps of fun is way better than $10,000 for a heap of problems.

Either way, good luck and hope you have fun with it!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    This is exactly what I'm doing. I'm scheduled to fly to sydney in 2 weeks and look at a white modded 94 accord vti, 160km, manual, rego, and lots of extras. I'm pumped. My wife and I are making a trip of it and have a lovely drive all the way back to sunshine coast. In the end it will probably cost me 6.5k monies.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    return ticket. inspect come home send it back done.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I flew to Sydney to buy one of my cars and drove it home. No regrets! And money is safe.

Worst case scenario you go and you decide you don't like the car...start having backup options in the same state!
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.