Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi

Moderators abusing powers, spam thread rights and wrongs

What's the go with moderators infracting and deleting people's
    Genuine posts ?. How can one have there post deleted unfairly because the
    Mod thought it was spam ? Is ozhonda becoming a bit nazi..
    Not pointing the finger at anyone but it's mainly one mod in particular who sees everything as an personal attack. It was started in the d series thread when they had posted some curious information that people genuinely disagreed upon then the mod took it personally and just started infracting and deleting all posts which was against them ?..

Recent saga has caused this wave of nonsense but just honestly if the mod was a bit more mature and allowed healthy discussion I'm sure none of all this hostility would of happend, by all means delete the spam in the posts but don't go deleting complete posts and editing + adding your own personal message to the user ? This is first time ive seen such abuse of powers.
    Curious about the spam thread what is allowed and what isn't allowed in there ?.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Inb4shithitsthefan

But yes, Sam raises a good point here.

(I know I probably dont deserve one) but a clear, concise statement from the people involved would be nice.

This shitstorm is getting out of hand.

Not enjoying this one bit.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yes its out of control if its come to being infracted/banned for even mentioning someones name.
    This has clearly turned into a witch hunt and abuse of power

Also guys please refer to Wyns post here for more chance of success

Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    Hi all,

Just to clarify I thought I would make this brief checklist of what to do if/when you are not happy with a moderator's decission / actions.

Follow this in order else your request WILL be ignored.

If you have a problem with a moderator's actions:

1. Contact the moderator who you have an issue with directly first.
    2. If you do not come to an acceptable resolution then message one of the other moderators to take a look at the problem. Let the original moderator know this too.
    3. If you are not happy with the outcome of #1 and #2 above then make a thread in the Site Discussion forum or send either myself or bennjamin a Private Message.

Note that threads made in the site discussion forum which do not follow the steps above will be closed. Remember to be curtious in your messages as nobody likes being attacked and / or approached aggressively.

Treat the moderators with some respect and expect to be treated with respect in return.

I will keep this thread open for a bit to get some feedback. Spam it and I will close it ASAP.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    I completely agree that this has gone out of control.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    it's gone out of hand i'm sure bludger and na-118 can have a say, with their infractions to personal attacks, and other reasons like "don't start "

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    can never contact the moderator his inbox is always full!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Everybody knows that your 'not pointing the finger' comment is directly aimed at one particular person mate, it's no secret. However before we go using terms like 'power abuse' there needs to be a few clarifications.

If certain people had followed the steps clearly outlined by Wyn and quoted by EKVTIR-T above then there might not have been so much escalation, and certainly no need for people to be banned or begin making claims of intent to inflict real physical harm to others and various other things (both of which are extraordinary and disgraceful and may result in police involvement if care is not taken!). When it reaches that level you know it's gone too far, and no amount of written words should ever generate such a reaction in a group of genuinely decent people.
    However I am on good terms with several people who recently received infractions yet not a single one of them thought to discuss any of these issues with me (nor any other moderator to my knowledge), therefore I believe these issues have been very mishandled and not just by one person in particular.

Secondly please remember that OH moderators don't administrate the forums for any reason other than to keep it clean, respectable and informative! We don't get paid and there are no notable perks! We do this strictly for the enjoyment of members! And if we don't moderate the forums enough then we usually get picked on for being absent!

Everybody please keep their OH input relevant to the original topic, useful, accurate, and respectful of one another. There is a clear distinction between 'healthy discussion' and utter crap/banter. Hopefully everybody can come to a respectable middle-ground and be considerate (and mature/non-threatening?) of one another's opinions and feelings, and ultimately just enjoy their stay.

If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to PM me. This is not an invitation to argue points, however I am happy to discuss any issues you want to clarify etc.

Regards,
    Andy.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I think Andy has summed it up quite well.

Please do follow the steps quoted above. I would also like to highlight that there have been certain (long time) members being quite arrogant, especially towards new members. This will not be tolerated and moderators will issue infractions until the point gets through.

If you believe there is an 'abuse of power' then please follow the steps in post #3 above.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Moderators have been PMed.

Thank you for such quick response and for being open.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    PM replied mocchi. Eagerly await your response. We'll discuss in PM from now

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    never received a reply from mod in question. TheSaint.
    patiently waiting.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    Moderators have been PMed.

Thank you for such quick response and for being open.
    Replied, actioned some infractions and following up on others.

If anyone feels they have received unfair infractions then let me know. If you contact me just for the sake of it then don't expect a reply