Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15

Thumbs up Suspension setup for drags

Hey guys quick question

What would be the best suspension setup for a dc2r with BC Racing coilivers?
    Specs are 9kg front and 6kg rear

Now what ride height should I have?
    (eg low at front and high rear? Ect)

And

What stifness damper settings?

Cheers !
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Don't do drag racing but I know that on RWD cars they soften the rear up a little bit so that the weight can shift to the back tyres and provide more grip.

For FWD I'm assuming based off common sense you don't want weight shifting to the rear (I know that is hard to do when taking off in a drag), you'd want as much weight as possible to stay to the front.

Interested to see what is actually a good setup to use for drags

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    logic tells me you need an extremely hard and light rear end to reduce the amount of weight transfer?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Thanks for the replies,

First time I went drags I had stock suspension and I felt lyk the car bunny hopped all of 1st as I launched off the line and abit of 2nd. So it wasn't really putting power down with that setup..

The 2nd time I was down on power (had a blocked cat) so I can't really tell if it was good setup.
    I had the rear lower then the front and front dampers on 16/30 and rears on 12/30
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    93 crx turbo
    i have a set of drag suspension i could sell custom valved koni shocks front and rear with custom spring front sits at factory height rear slightly higher but car sat level with 24.5" slicks and skinies on the rear, and can set it all up here at LS Autoworks pm if interested.. car ran 11.13 at wsid with this suspension, wheel alighnment and your bushes play a big part also!.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTCHF View Post
    i have a set of drag suspension i could sell custom valved koni shocks front and rear with custom spring front sits at factory height rear slightly higher but car sat level with 24.5" slicks and skinies on the rear, and can set it all up here at LS Autoworks pm if interested.. car ran 11.13 at wsid with this suspension, wheel alighnment and your bushes play a big part also!.
    Can you go into any more detail on the alignment settings?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    logic tells me you need an extremely hard and light rear end to reduce the amount of weight transfer?
    Wouldn't you want the weight to stay at the front so wouldn't you want a really stiff and slightly higher rear end with a slightly lower and softer front so asp the weight stays at the front?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    that's wha ti meant o.0? hard as in stiff rear suspension?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    ^ soz misread your post.