Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Proper Prep on polyurethane front lips?

Hey Ozhonda i been doing some research about preping Urethane material and i want to get your opinions. I know its alot harder to prep polyurethane material than abs plastic and more preping involved. Can you guys assist me on how to properly prep a polyurethane front lip? Is t Adhesion Primer - Primer Plastic - Colour Code - Clear Coat?
    Thanks for your help guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r
    Rub it with a white scotch brite with a bottle of scuff it stuff , then prepsol , than plastic primer , colour , clear
    When using the scuff it stuff it's a paste put on the scotch brite and using water scuff the job than hose it off
    Everyday im HUSTLN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    dat dere informationaise ^

everything eh said, but you can just use some sort of heavy alcohol to clean it (metho/turps) being careful that you don't get too much on the paint.. this just evens out the surface and removes any dust/specs that will cause obtrusion in the paintwork. after a few coats of colour you can sand down a bit for added smoothness considering it may be textured from paint particles clinging to minescule texture on the PU if there is any.. then lots of clear for dem shinez

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by sxmachine View Post
    Rub it with a white scotch brite with a bottle of scuff it stuff , then prepsol , than plastic primer , colour , clear
    When using the scuff it stuff it's a paste put on the scotch brite and using water scuff the job than hose it off
    Oh okay can you get the scotch brite from like any shop since it kinda looks like a sponge? lol And adhesive primer is not needed?? :O
    Quote Originally Posted by kyzz View Post
    dat dere informationaise ^

everything eh said, but you can just use some sort of heavy alcohol to clean it (metho/turps) being careful that you don't get too much on the paint.. this just evens out the surface and removes any dust/specs that will cause obtrusion in the paintwork. after a few coats of colour you can sand down a bit for added smoothness considering it may be textured from paint particles clinging to minescule texture on the PU if there is any.. then lots of clear for dem shinez
    Oh right but i plan on doing it on a brand new lip so yeah would it still be necessary?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r
    Do yourself a favor go to a paint supplier . Panel beater supply shop save yourself cash and no plastic primer is only needed
    Everyday im HUSTLN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Do yourself a favor go to a paint supplier . Panel beater supply shop save yourself cash and no plastic primer is only needed
    Go to a pannel beater shop? I gotta quote on some of them around Campbelltown area and they charge me like bloody $300 for a lip like wdf! Thats why i wanted to save myself some money and do it myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    No... Don't prepsol it. 'Scuff stuff' will get rid of any grease or wax on it. Just use that and then hose off and use an air blower to dry.

But defiantly use plastic primer as you will hate yourself for ever if you don't.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r
    Quote Originally Posted by TyD View Post
    No... Don't prepsol it. 'Scuff stuff' will get rid of any grease or wax on it. Just use that and then hose off and use an air blower to dry.

But defiantly use plastic primer as you will hate yourself for ever if you don't.
    Why wouldn't u prepsol? I'm a panel beater 8 yrs in the trade and ur telling me what I shouldn't do lmao
    Everyday im HUSTLN

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    Go to a pannel beater shop? I gotta quote on some of them around Campbelltown area and they charge me like bloody $300 for a lip like wdf! Thats why i wanted to save myself some money and do it myself.
    Read it again go to a panel beater supply shop to get ur products I.e NA auto colour, vg auto paints, etc instead of autobahn, supercheap, etc..
    Everyday im HUSTLN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Read it again go to a panel beater supply shop to get ur products I.e NA auto colour, vg auto paints, etc instead of autobahn, supercheap, etc..
    Oh right well yeah your right about that, i got my colour code at Macarthur Paint Discounts and their colour was really really close to my factory colour and autobahns paint was close but not as close.

are you dual trade qualified in spray painting also sxmachine? just asking,
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r
    Only certificate in panel beating but have done spray painting all through my trade .. Also have many happy private customers ozhonda members aswell
    Everyday im HUSTLN