Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro

Headlights - cleaning and changing to HIDs..

hey guys,

so my euro has fogged up headlights and they ruin the entire look of the car - it has that old look now - i wanted this fixed asap so I started doing some research and found this http://forums.finalinspection.com.au...ht-Restoration - now this guy fixed it up but the description on how he done is very breif and i wanted a detailed intruction manual on how to do it.. can anyone help? has anyone cleaned theirs?

also, wanted this to be installed as well once its cleaned http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EDX-v1-HI...item3cb07f2994 - is that simple to install (DIY) or do i need this professionally installed?

Your help is much appreciated go !!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    instructions are brief cus its easy as.

hids are expensive
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    instructions are brief cus its easy as.

hids are expensive
    did you read my comments above before sending me a useless message?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What are doing hids for looks or brightness?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    What are doing hids for looks or brightness?
    i'd say both - any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Are you headlights fogged inside with condensation or is it more that "worn out" hazy look?

For condensation one you have to take apart the headlights and clean inside etc if you want then reseal properly

For worn out look you could try polishing the headlights and then apply wax on (well that's what I'm going to try on my Jazz!)

You can also check out the mightycarmods team on how to do it!

For HIDs I say not worth getting if you have the standard model. Bit illegal and quality control from the eBay ones aren't that great. Spend some money on quality bulbs like those vision plus ones (I think that's what they are called) They might not look "cool" but they will help increase vision at night just a bit more and that's better than risking your life and other people's life.

If you still must replace HIDS search these forums for a guide. Really simple to do! People do it alot with their Civics so I'm sure it's a simple case of comparing the Euro with the Civic.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPOTR View Post
    did you read my comments above before sending me a useless message?
    nope..
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    nope..
    then you are useless just like your message.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Try meguiars plastic cleaner in a small white bottle...does the trick! In regards to HIDs i would get an auto electrician to install the HIDs. Dont forget you have to a Euro Luxury front bumper with the headlight washers to make it legal. Personaly, i dont think its worth it but its ur money and car.
    Last edited by tinkz; 01-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by chunsa View Post
    Are you headlights fogged inside with condensation or is it more that "worn out" hazy look?

For condensation one you have to take apart the headlights and clean inside etc if you want then reseal properly

For worn out look you could try polishing the headlights and then apply wax on (well that's what I'm going to try on my Jazz!)

You can also check out the mightycarmods team on how to do it!

For HIDs I say not worth getting if you have the standard model. Bit illegal and quality control from the eBay ones aren't that great. Spend some money on quality bulbs like those vision plus ones (I think that's what they are called) They might not look "cool" but they will help increase vision at night just a bit more and that's better than risking your life and other people's life.

If you still must replace HIDS search these forums for a guide. Really simple to do! People do it alot with their Civics so I'm sure it's a simple case of comparing the Euro with the Civic.
    thanks bud.. really helpful.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkz View Post
    Try meguiars plastic cleaner in a small white bottle...does the trick!
    thanks bud!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPOTR View Post
    thanks bud!
    No problems =) My Celica was a PITA for condensation inside the headlight and hazziness on the outside of the headlight. To stop the condensation, remove your headlight from the car and apply a small continous bead of silicone around the join of the headlight.