Selling car don't know what to do

Hey guys

Im looking to sell my 97 automatic civic cxi which has 127k on the odo and has always been serviced at a honda dealer ship and comes with the original logbooks, manual and warranty card to prove it.

I just have a couple of questions which is

1) my car has some light swirling and some scratches on the door I wanted to remove this anyone know a good detailer in syd for this and how much it will cost?

2) I recently renewed the rego in october and it passed does that mean it comes with a road worthy certificate?

3) if someone agrees to buy the car for the set price whats the process then?

4) how much do you reckon my civic is worth? when I went to buy the car from a honda dealer-ship they had it for sale for 9k but that was when it only had 118k on it.
    I have treated the car well and now the milage is up to 127k and I'm also the second owner.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    hey mate best thing to do is go on carslaes and see what other ppl have there car for and if your happy then put it around that price...

if someone where interested then tell em to leave a deposit,you will need to get the paper from the rta (you should have it forget what its called thou) when he hands over the money then write down the car into his name and you keep one bit and hand to the rta for processing so you dont get fines ect when his driving the car, also wouldnt hurt to write a recipt just for your record...

as for the rego well if it passed and got 12 months then its good for 12months

and the scuff marks if it bothers you that much id take to a detailer if not the dont worry as youll lose money ect

hope that helps

Ya First i need to find a person to take the photos for me so that my car looks pro

how much would a detailer cost? id rather spend like $300 and have someone wash , wax, polish, clay for me then spend 4 hours doing it myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    1) I would just leave it you just b wasting more money

2) okay sweet so u got 12 months rego left and no u dont get a rwc with it u need to take it to the testers yourself which cost about 130$ for the inspection now in vic, once inspected they will give a list of stuff that didn't pass so to get the rwc u need to fix those stuff.

3) So you found some1 that wants to buy the car for a price your happy with?
    Well you and the buyer need to fill the the transfer papers,whos supplying rwc? is price including with rwc or not? whats next is you hand over keys, he hands over the cash, write recept and done.

4) Best to do some research, lookup other peoples civics that are the same model as yours.

For photos u can just take it yourself with your iphone or a better cam just give it a good carwash beforehand
    Last edited by Johnie; 02-12-2011 at 10:02 AM.

as for the swirl marks just get some "meguirs scratch x" and give it a polish. only takes a couple minutes. will most probably make it look allot better.

every time you sell a car it must come with a rwc (aka safety certificate), unless you want to sell it without. Although selling a car without a rwc will be more difficult and you will most definitely lose money.

A rwc is valid for 2months. If you are desperate and want to get rid of the car asap i would recommend doing a rwc now, that way if someone wants to buy your vehicle they can take it on the spot. On the other hand it is a risk because if you don't sell your car within the 2months you will have to fork out an extra $100 for another inspection.

You can organize rwc after you have received a deposit from a buyer that way the sale is locked in and guaranteed. The buyer will just have to wait until you have completed the rwc.

Don't take less than $200 or $300 deposit. If they put on $100 or $20 deposit they can still easily back out on the sale. If they do offer a small deposit tell them you have other interested buyers so you need at least $300.

after you have been given the full amount of the purchase price for your vehicle you must give the buyer the rwc, and fill out this form:
    http://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/forms/QF3520/$file/F3520_ES.pdf

this form is for QLD so if your in a different state the form may be different. Just look up the website for a department of transport in your state. they will have a link to the form you can print out. Both you and the seller have to fill out the form

They will also have a buyers and sellers checklist you may find useful.
    http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registrati...checklist.aspx
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_shazam View Post

1) my car has some light swirling and some scratches on the door I wanted to remove this anyone know a good detailer in syd for this and how much it will cost?
    As from what every1 has said, get some good quality manual wax/polish or pay someone to do it.

2) I recently renewed the rego in october and it passed does that mean it comes with a road worthy certificate?
    Depends on where you are - if NSW then the only thing that you should have is the Pink slip and renewal rego papers.
    If QLD or other states - i believe that the Road Worthy certificate is only a one off from the original registration. though new owners may need to obtain this though when the rego is due for renewal.

3) if someone agrees to buy the car for the set price whats the process then??
    Get them to leave you a deposit and write up a document stating that deposit has been made and the rest of the money to be paid in full upon pickup of the vehicle.

NOTE~~ DONT GIVE YOUR KEYS /CAR IF they have only given you a deposit.

4) how much do you reckon my civic is worth? when I went to buy the car from a honda dealer-ship they had it for sale for 9k but that was when it only had 118k on it.
    I have treated the car well and now the milage is up to 127k and I'm also the second owner.
    This will really depend on the overall condition of the car & history.

As other said, go check out carsales.com.au and compare your car to the condition, klms, history, etc etc.

but bear in mind if the BUYER is purchasing your car using finance, they lender will use REDBOOK to obtain the market value of your vehicle. so it doesnt matter if your car is modified etc - this will be useless if the lender is buying though finance as the lender will just reject the sale due to overpricing.

Tips for the seller;

1)Clean the car inside/out.
    2)Dont over clean the engine bay as if its too clean - they will suspect that something is wrong. (like why hide it?)
    3)Be honest - but not too much.
    4)Provide all possible receipts for anything that you have done/purchased for the vehicle.( this will prove that you have spent alot on the car and may help with the agreed amount u want).
    5)Take good photos/angles of the car when advertising.
    6)Great advertising attracts more potential buyers.
    7)Have all your documents/log books etc all ready for inspections.

Good luck champ and hope you sell your car - then you can buy my beast if your interested! LMFAO! ;P
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    If you are Vic, regardless if ur rego being renewed, a RWC must be done and given to the buyer as they need to present it to VicRoads to transfer ownership of car.
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    1) there are many, shop around

2) read previous post

3) When a price is agreed on, the buyer gives u a deposit and you get them to sign a statement that says: "I (buyer), agree to buy blah blah( make/year, rego) Civic for the price of $xxxx upon roadworthy/satisfactory mechanical inspection."

4) $9K is way too much, try $6-7K. It has logbooks, but what about receipts? Logbook are so easily fudged. Those are incredibly low Ks for a 14 year old car. Sounds like a clucter swap to me.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 03-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    its automatic, its a cxi, its a 97 model. prob sell it for 5k. 6 if the buyer is noob

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    1) there are many, shop around

2) read previous post

3) When a price is agreed on, the buyer gives u a deposit and you get them to sign a statement that says: "I (buyer), agree to buy blah blah( make/year, rego) Civic for the price of $xxxx upon roadworthy/satisfactory mechanical inspection."

4) $9K is way too much, try $6-7K. It has logbooks, but what about receipts? Logbook are so easily fudged. Those are incredibly low Ks for a 14 year old car. Sounds like a clucter swap to me.
    Nah I'm the second owner the first owner bought it for his wife and then i presume it went to the daughter as she traded it in as she needed a bigger car for her baby.

Amazing first buy it was serviced every 6 months at an actual honda dealership and the log books show this.

My friends looking to buy it and he's offering more then I paid for it only problem is i fear with him the car will become some fully sik car doing burn outs or written of in 2 weeks of him owning it which makes me sad

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Nah I'm the second owner the first owner bought it for his wife and then i presume it went to the daughter as she traded it in as she needed a bigger car for her baby.

Amazing first buy it was serviced every 6 months at an actual honda dealership and the log books show this.

My friends looking to buy it and he's offering more then I paid for it only problem is i fear with him the car will become some fully sik car doing burn outs or written of in 2 weeks of him owning it which makes me sad
    It's a civic cxi auto...

not a high powered v8.

it should survive! sell sell sell
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Closed as you don't need any more free plugs to sell
    Your hectic car