Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98' Civic

Spray painting old windscreen wipers

Hey, i'm new to this whole forum concept and not sure if this has been asked somewhere before BUT i'm looking at spray painting my old wipers.

Any suggestions on how i should go about this?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Sand it down or clean it, and paint it.

Well this is how I did mine just a month or so ago. 1. Sand away all old paint untill gone then use some real fine sand paper. Second wash them with light soapy water then let dry in sun (try not to get grubby prints on them so best to wash your hands aswell). Third light coat of primer, 5 mins later a second heavier coat (or what ever the can specifys). Then I just did 2-3 light coats of satin black. Came up real nice for less than $20 bucks. I'm sure there are other ways on how to do this properly but this worked fine for me

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98' Civic
    thanks for the help! I was wondering though do i have to worry about getting paint on the rubbers?

I reckon just take them off. Take off the bolts then get a large flathead screw driver and put under the metal base of the wiper and twist it. Should come off quite easily

Edit: and yeah take out the rubber
    Last edited by Loagz; 03-12-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Durp

I just sprayed mine a few hours ago with a DIY spray booth. If it's your first time... i can almost guarantee you'll have runs. And in a few months they're gonna be flaking/peeling.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by 20ss7 View Post
    thanks for the help! I was wondering though do i have to worry about getting paint on the rubbers?
    Yeah dont get paint on the rubber blades dude

Take them off or if you have trouble tape them up.

For the record I sprayed mine on the car with a $2 can of flat black and lasted about 3 yrs with no primer or prep

Lazy stylez lol

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    I just sprayed mine a few hours ago with a DIY spray booth. If it's your first time... i can almost guarantee you'll have runs. And in a few months they're gonna be flaking/peeling.
    lolwut

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    lolwut
    didnt you know that spray booth is necessary for painting windscreen wipers?
    what is this?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Loagz View Post
    Well this is how I did mine just a month or so ago. 1. Sand away all old paint untill gone then use some real fine sand paper. Second wash them with light soapy water then let dry in sun (try not to get grubby prints on them so best to wash your hands aswell). Third light coat of primer, 5 mins later a second heavier coat (or what ever the can specifys). Then I just did 2-3 light coats of satin black. Came up real nice for less than $20 bucks. I'm sure there are other ways on how to do this properly but this worked fine for me
    Holy shit dude..

They're wind screen wipers.. lmao.

lol
    Last edited by TyD; 04-12-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Lmzo. Runs on spray cans. Lmzo!

Spray booth for spray cans Lmzo!

@op - remove all your wipers. Remove the rubber. Clean them and rub them
    With grey scotch bight. Clean again and spray black... No clear required.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Where the **** did i say i got runs you 8==Dhead. I'm telling this guy not to bother with it cos he has no clue what he's doing and the end result will most likely be worse than what he started with. Learn ****ing english before you go talking shit
    Negged mate.

No need for that sort of language.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend