Cost of going on a track

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how much it costs to go onto the track?
    And how much does it cost to get a CAMS license?
    Can I have passengers, or do they needs a CAMS license too?
    Yearly memberships?

Basically any cost for being able to use a track, not including costs for the car that is (ie, fuel, brakes, tires etc)

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Spetz in NSW a 12mth license is issued at the track (Marulan or Wakefield) and it will cost you $50, you can do as many drive days as ya like for the next 12mths. Not sure what the other states charge

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    CAMS license you will need to join a CAMS affiliated car club so that you qualify for L2S. You will be looking at $200 - $300 for 12month L2S & club membership.

If your in Vic, you can get a AASA license from Winton for a yearly fee of $50. Allows you to go to Winton, Wakefield Park & a few other tracks. Then there is PIAC (Phillip Island Auto Club I think?) and that is around the $100 yearly I think (don't quote, check website for prices).

With passengers, at CAMS events there will be one session before lunch where you can take people out but that will be it.

On top of CAMS/AASA/PIAC (whatever license you get) there will be a cost for the day (Winton is $160, I have heard some Phillip Island days are up to $550) so that you can get your electronic timing & have insurance paid for etc etc.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Depends on where you are I guess. But in Vic a CAMS S2 level licence is a $90 yearly fee which will get you into any track. There is also an option to get just a AASA licence for $50 but you can only get onto Winton and I think Calder (in Vic, not sure about other states). Also to get your CAMS licence you need to be part of a car club, they range from $40 - about $100 depending on which one you decide to join.

The cost of track days vary depending on who organises it, but usually range from $150 - $250 for most of them. As mentioned there are some that go all the way up to $500 - $600 but they usually limit the amount of people attending to a small amount and often include training of some sort.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

So, I need to pay yearly for CAMS license, then yearly for club membership and then additionally at each event?

What is a "car club"? ie, is Ozhonda a car club?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    has to be cam affiliated. go to the CAMS website and check out what clubs are affiliated.

yes u need to pay for cams every year and the club u join every year
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    http://cams.com.au/en/Development/Get%20Involved.aspx

everything you need to know, including registered car clubs
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

QLD - $100 a year for cams license. $30 a year for Honda car club of Victoria membership (they are cams affiliated). Events range from $80 - $250. Usually no passengers allowed. You will also need to take out a third party insurgence extension for the event which is $10, unless u are with Suncorp then it is free.

$55 a year for aasa license. No car club required. Passenger laps usually if there is time at the end of the day. Most events between $140 - $200