Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Tyre Profile Rules in VIC

Hey guys i'm from Sydney moving to Melbourne soon and was wondering if i'd pass VICRoads roadworthy test with my new tyres i've got on. The new specs are: 195/50/15" and my stock ones are 185/60/14.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    whats the load and speed ratings?

but it depends how much the rolling diameter has changed from standard, if memory serves me correctly i think its +/- 15mm

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    whats the load and speed ratings?
    I dunno the speed ratings and load but does 82V on new tyres help? And i can't remember my stock ones.

Look on ya tyre placard?
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Look on ya tyre placard?
    Honestly i dunno what that is, but i looked at my door jam my stock tyre profile is 185/60R14 82H

I done the Tyre comparison and compared my stock ones with new ones and the results are below
    http://imageshack.us/f/714/84877927.png/

You'll be fine

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Alright cool thanks because like the tyres i got on now stick outside the body abit.
    http://imageshack.us/f/831/kumho1955015.jpg/

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    I dunno the speed ratings and load but does 82V on new tyres help? And i can't remember my stock ones.
    82 is the load rating and V is the speed rating.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    Honestly i dunno what that is, but i looked at my door jam my stock tyre profile is 185/60R14 82H

I done the Tyre comparison and compared my stock ones with new ones and the results are below
    http://imageshack.us/f/714/84877927.png/
    sounds like you looked at the tyre placard, it should also included recommended tyre pressure for standard tyres and a few other things.

size wise they are fine, load rating is the same so thats fine, the speed rating on the 15s - V , is greater than that of the standard tyres - H so that will be fine, so you should be fine.

this link is useful when looking at speed & load ratings of tyres to work out what ones you should get - http://www.bobjane.com.au/load-speed-ratings.html

one more question, how wide are your standard rims and how wide are your 15s? i think (but dont quote me on this) youre not meant to go more than 2" wider than standard rim width (also not sure if its what come standard on ur car or what was the widest for the series of car (if that makes sense))

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    82 is the load rating and V is the speed rating.

sounds like you looked at the tyre placard, it should also included recommended tyre pressure for standard tyres and a few other things.

size wise they are fine, load rating is the same so thats fine, the speed rating on the 15s - V , is greater than that of the standard tyres - H so that will be fine, so you should be fine.

this link is useful when looking at speed & load ratings of tyres to work out what ones you should get - http://www.bobjane.com.au/load-speed-ratings.html

one more question, how wide are your standard rims and how wide are your 15s? i think (but dont quote me on this) youre not meant to go more than 2" wider than standard rim width (also not sure if its what come standard on ur car or what was the widest for the series of car (if that makes sense))
    Oh ok thanks for the help have a sense of relief for now lol. And the stock rim size im not sure off, i'll check it out tomorrow and let u know but my 15s rim size is 15x8 with PCD of 4/100.

Some shops will pass the 8", some won't. I'd just swap back to stock for the test. The rule is 1" wider, or 25mm. Your stock rim is something like a 14x5.5

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    it might say on the tyre placard what the stock rim width is.

but i got a feeling they will be too wide, and if your tyres are sticking out of the guards they will likely pick on that.

if you can id swap to stock rims to pass rwc then swap back

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Some shops will pass the 8", some won't. I'd just swap back to stock for the test. The rule is 1" wider, or 25mm. Your stock rim is something like a 14x5.5
    i thought it was 2"?

or am i think of the imaginary rule of 2" bigger in size? lol

some kids garage