Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtype View Post
    mmm after looking around and stuff, i think im gonna decide the next mod to change the air filter to a K&N one. then after that probably change the exhaust so it allows better flow.
    probably change the final drive much later on as its quite expensive.
    Sounds good?
    thats how much it is... a good exhaust will cost more than that and headers almost double

the acceleration from changing the diff ratio is better than any na mods you could do

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    wait until your diff goes before you change your final drive, they're a ticking time bomb anyway :P

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tamay_s2k View Post
    aozora is 100% right

the only reason i changed my rotors was because ive been advised that the 'ebc red stuff' pads can really give standard rotors a hard time, plus i seen it myself on my mates GTR. his red stuff chewed stock rotors but once he changed the rotors no more issues
    .. plus mine havent been changed since ive had the car so they have dealt with 80000kms of driving
    how much did u pay for the project mu pads?
    recommend it????
    I love them! They chew through rotors, squeel on hot days and have heaps of dust but performance wise the initial bite, ability to hold high temps, maintain pedal feel are almost flawless. Very consistent pads..

I would recommend buying them directly from Japan. Front and rear set will set you back about $500 PM me if you need a contact.
    But otherwise I get my rotors through OTR too.

A K&N FIPK kit or even a Injen/Fujita will set you back about $500 from memory and exhaust anywhere from $500 to up to $4000

So a FD with just the drive part may be cheap in comparison, the labour will be atleast $600 if you take out the diff yourself... But theres still the Honda diff rebuild parts on top of that. Then a yellow box is needed to correct your speedo as it will be off after install. Then you also have to decide of you want to upgrade to an aftermarket clutch type diff... or a higher capacity rear diff casing (most failures are due to incorrect/bad installation or breakdown of fluids due to heat because of limited fluid capacity in the first place).
    Like Tamay said, I'd would wait for it to break before doing anything... except I've been waiting a while haha.
    Last edited by aozora; 13-12-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    ohhh okay

Put a front lip is the first thing I would do, it makes your S so much better.
    If you dont care about the out look, go for an intake and exhaust would gain a bit power and make it sound better

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    okay ive decided to rather just waste money on a Air filter, im gonna get a CAI (either AEM V2 or K&N).

Cant decided which one as both have thier advantages,

anyone got any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    There are alot of post for CAI's. Google is your friend.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Quote Originally Posted by VeYzZii View Post
    There are alot of post for CAI's. Google is your friend.
    Yes i know that...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6344...intake-thread/

I was just wondering what OzHonda members thought.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Would be good to have a few people update the wiki:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    Like Tamay said, I'd would wait for it to break before doing anything... except I've been waiting a while haha.
    gimme ur car for 10 mins and she'll be ready for a rebuild :P
    ive had the experience of blowing 6 shafts and 1 diff. cause? sitting on the floor and thinking the car is a silvia -.-
    i have learnt from mistakes but lol

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Lol I'll pass. Yeah don't know why Honda didn't learn from Nissan's diff design... Those things are indestructable Well almost... I've been babying my diff cause of all the stories I hear

Imo regarding the Intake, I went with K&N because of reputation, design (Not likely to get water sucked in) and gains. The AEM looks cleaner but given Melbournes weather, I didn't want to risk driving through floods and suck some water into the cylinders in the process...

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Ive recently purchased a K&N FIPK and now waiting for it to be delivered.
    Thanks for all comments and information, will update on how it goes.