Thread: OBD1 Coil Packs

OBD1 Coil Packs

My car needs a new coil pack. It is an EG civic with a 95 VTiR motor that I converted to OBD1. However i don't know which OBD1 dizzy the wreckers gave me. So how will i know which coil pack to get? From my understanding 95 VTiR is OBD2.

Thanks
    Last edited by infurNOS; 11-12-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: title and diescription
    EG

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Does the dizzy have one or 2 plugs coming off it? One plug- OBD2 2 plug OBD1

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    95 DC2 OBD1 - and no DC2 came with coil packs.. they use ignition leads.. you must be referring to the ignition coil..?

OBD2 dizzy plug is diff to OBD1 dizzy plug.

D2 uses 1 plug whereas D1 uses 2 plugs. BUT OBD2 d series civics use 8 pin dizzy plugs instead of 10 pin D2 teggy plugs so yeah watch out for that.

Pretty sure ignition coil is pretty much the same for all dizzys but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

hope that helps..

and pm sent!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Does the dizzy have one or 2 plugs coming off it? One plug- OBD2 2 plug OBD1
    It has 2 plug, i know 100% for sure it is an OBD1 plug, just not sure which car it is from or if all OBD1 honda dizzys are phyiscally different
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by egb16b View Post
    95 DC2 OBD1 - and no DC2 came with coil packs.. they use ignition leads.. you must be referring to the ignition coil..?

OBD2 dizzy plug is diff to OBD1 dizzy plug.

D2 uses 1 plug whereas D1 uses 2 plugs. BUT OBD2 d series civics use 8 pin dizzy plugs instead of 10 pin D2 teggy plugs so yeah watch out for that.

Pretty sure ignition coil is pretty much the same for all dizzys but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

hope that helps..

and pm sent!
    Well i didnt speak to him, but from what i got told it was coil pack? He phoned me because the coil pac he got (for a 92 civic) does not fit the dizzy, which i then told ihm on the engine swap and what engine it was and now he will get a coil pack for that car. It was a few years ago but i remember when i picked up the engine, it did not come with an OBD1 dizzy or harness or ECU, so i had to change them over. Because i do not know what OBD1 dizzy it is from, i was wondering if they are all the same internally.
    EG

not 100% sure, only 90% sure.

coil is only positive & negative, should be all the same. if it looks the same, should be right mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I have a civic OBD1 dizzy, the coil looks identical to the one in my OBD1 b18c dizzy and from memory even very similar to one in a concerto dizzy I have laying around (obd0).

The dizzy will have a code stamped on one of the legs to identify it, 2 letters then - 2 numbers and a letter, xx-xxx
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985