Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    One would assume "improved production" would not allow engine swaps.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Yeah it does allow engine swaps. As long it under the 2l capacity and carry a small weight penalty.

Some of the improved productions rules are a little grey

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Ah, weight penalty
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Does anyone know what times this car is doing? Would have thought that would be the main selling point

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Bit pricey, could do a jdm k20a engine for that kind of $$$ still in the U2L class and much more competitive with 6-speed and factory 158kw...
    whats the rules with improved production though regarding engine swaps
    Same manufacturer as body is OK. Under 2 Litres would be K20A. There are already some running in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Engine swaps no problem as long as you stay with the same manufacturer as noted by Benson. You have to abide by a minimum weight though.

Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    Does anyone know what times this car is doing? Would have thought that would be the main selling point
    Ad says its a Nov 2011 logbook so it may not have seen the track yet. No one registered to compete in Victoria by that name for 2011. The "18B" suggests it may have been built to compete in the 6 Hour Relay in Victoria but I'd say it hasn't been run yet.

(Update):
    Did a bit of a search and Andrew Howell belongs to the Geelong (or Gippsland) Car Club. He ran the 6 Hour Regularity Trial, was 30th fastest out of 252 cars at Phillip Island. Fastest car was a VY Commodore at 1:52.6. Slowest was a VK Commodore at 2:50.8. This car ran a 1:58.8 and was part of the winning team. He has owned a couple of different Civics and it looks like he sold his old 1973 one and built this, but may have decided to get out of racing.

You could always ring the guy and ask him but, speed isn't everything. If it ran the 6 Hour it would also have to be very reliable too. I've done a few of these and they really show up the under-prepared and over-stressed cars!

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 18-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Yeah it does allow engine swaps. As long it under the 2l capacity and carry a small weight penalty.

Some of the improved productions rules are a little grey
    Oh for a moment I thought you said "gay"so I was going to agree.

I would always prefer to buy someone else's build if its done right,if effort and money has already been put in and well sorted they are usually always bargains in the long run.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    You could build it for much less than that but that's my opinion. The advantage here is that all the hard work is done but if you gave yourself 12 months, you could come up with something just as quick if not quicker.

I'm not saying this is not worth the asking price as there may be things that we can't see in the photos.

Peter
    What does12 months labour amount to ?More than the asking price methinks.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I think its all relative. To people like us who live and breath Hondas, and know everything about them, where to get all the good stuff for cheap, yeah, im sure we could build something just as competitive for a lot less. Especially given the amount of people that DIY.

However, get somebody who isnt so much into this scene, theyre gonna go for all the big brand name stuff, get other people to do all the work, and just write out cheques for it.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    I think its all relative. To people like us who live and breath Hondas, and know everything about them, where to get all the good stuff for cheap, yeah, im sure we could build something just as competitive for a lot less. Especially given the amount of people that DIY.

However, get somebody who isnt so much into this scene, theyre gonna go for all the big brand name stuff, get other people to do all the work, and just write out cheques for it.
    You are missing the point .The car is already built so the sum of parts and time are already there, even with diy one has to take into consideration the time.
    For an example I can earn more per hour doing my job so it would be cheaper for me to pay someone to do the build .The labour content is never ever free really.
    And Mr Howell has been involved with building and racing Hondas longer than the average age of Ozhonda members.It would be interesting if someone was doing a racecar build took the time to document all the costs even time.We will always get differing opinions and I suppose I'm voicing mine,through experience though.