Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CL9] Need Help with Modifications

Hi guys,

I just got a 2006 Accord Euro [CL9] about 4 months ago and I haven't really done any modifications to it mainly because I don't know how to. I've done some research and read on the forum a little bit and I have a picture of what I want my car to do and look like. Hopefully I can get some valuable advice from all the Honda owners out there!

For my interior, I was thinking of getting a new sound system, maybe a alpine INA-W900E (lots of awesome features but cost $1999). Has anyone used it before or has a better recommendations? Getting a subwoofer is also a must have I guess if I want a good quality bass sound, but I don't know what an amplifier does, is it necessary?

For my exterior, I prefer lowering the car then getting body kits as the CL9 has a pretty awesome look as it is. My car is pearl white, and I would love to get some matte black wheels with it. Maybe 18" would do it as I read some where that getting rims that are too big will compromise the ride of the car. Is it true? Additionally, I would like to get tinted rear lights and de-badge the car entirely except for the front and rear Honda Logos. Finally, I always like the DRLs on the Audis and Mercs so I wouldn't mind getting a pair of those for my car. But I've read that DRLs have negative impacts on fuel consumption so I was wondering how true is that?

Lastly, for the engine, I have no idea what to do with it. I've read a lot about cold air intake and turbos and stuff like that but all I want is more power (I feel that the car can be sluggish off the line) and better steering at corners and maybe a symphony of engine sounds.

I'm not going to get everything done in a short period of time as money is obviously a constraint (Still only a student) but I hope I can get some advice on my ideas, and recommendations on where I can get the stuff done (I live in Melbourne) before I go through with the modifications.

All help are greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time!

Ta
    Roij

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...d-13-August-05

Have a quick read of some of the link in post 2, those will help you out!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    thanks mate! Good stuff. now i feel like an idiot posting this thread haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    What is the first mod you want to do? And how much are you willing to spend on this car?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    What is the first mod you want to do? And how much are you willing to spend on this car?
    it's a 5 year old car so i wouldn't want to too much money on it. maybe not more than $5000. I'm looking to get the DRLs and the rims first

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    DRL just ebay that sucker! What type/style of rims do you like mate? And should get springs to lower it, cause even a good set of rims on a car with 4WD spec still aint gonna look that great.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    i like something like that:
    http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....8-10&pID=21477

but in black colour.

and what do you mean I should get springs to lower it.. do I have to do it myself?

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...eels-*JDMyard*

Have a look there for some decent rims, plenty of other places you can look. Like the "for sale" section here on the forum.

And when i say springs, i say that as at alternative to coilovers to lower your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Depends what you want for your car. Performance of looks. If your spending 2000 on a headunit but want replica wheels i would spend 700 on a decent headunit and buy 2300 dollar wheels. Or if money is no factor get both.

If you get a sub you need an amp i have not found one factory amp capable of running a good sub.

If you want performance start with intake headers and exhaust. But if you planning turbo dont worry about headers as you will need a turbo manifold made up etc.

Its all up to you

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    i swear there's always someone that posts a similar thread every week lul
    have a search around the accord euro forums..there is ample info
    Last edited by richard_k; 12-12-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks a lot of guys! I'm sure I'll come back with more questions after I look around the forum more.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Always go Intake, Header and then Exhaust if you must

btw Welcome to OZHONDA!

For Intake Brands
    Bang for Buck
    1. Injen
    2. Comptech Engineering
    3. K&N DIY

Expensive JDM
    1. J's Racing