Car:
    honda civic eg
    Yeah it's more of a grinding noise when I gear
    down now . Still bearings ?
    world of sikaflex (:

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    anything to do with grinding is to do with the syncros, most likely ur syncros are gone.... which most likely would mean u would need to replace a fair few parts, so pretty much a rebuild lol.... replacing all syncros, bearings an that isnt a cheap thing, especially when all the parts are going to be genuine parts from honda an depending on stock, maybe time to ship them to the rebuilders...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    Ah true .. Thanks for that ): hm .. Guess I'll get s quote ob a rebuild or maybe just get a LSD box
    world of sikaflex (:

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    anything to do with grinding is to do with the syncros, most likely ur syncros are gone.... which most likely would mean u would need to replace a fair few parts, so pretty much a rebuild lol.... replacing all syncros, bearings an that isnt a cheap thing, especially when all the parts are going to be genuine parts from honda an depending on stock, maybe time to ship them to the rebuilders...
    no.

and replacement of all synchros is not necessary. depends on the condition upon inspection.
    if crunch 1st -> 2nd then you check if 1st gear synchros are still good or not.

if still good then you can just change 2nd gear synchros, 1-2 synchro hub and sleeve.
    if you can get 1st gear synchro cheap like from synchrotech then might as well replace it as its recommended to replace synchro rings together with the sleeve.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    See if you can get aftermarket synchros too. There are some good options like Synchrotech.

A lot of people will tell you to get a replacement gearbox but it's worth the peace of mind of knowing everything is new when you rebuild. And yes you can pop an LSD in but that's also not cheap. Food for thought

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    haha alright cheers i'll go chase some prices down. thanks for that
    world of sikaflex (:

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    update: one of my mates reckons could be clutch throwout bearing. getting it checked soon. hopefully all go's well anyone know approx price to fix?
    world of sikaflex (:

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by x3cindymichael View Post
    update: one of my mates reckons could be clutch throwout bearing. getting it checked soon. hopefully all go's well anyone know approx price to fix?
    the price would be approximately expensive.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    okay lol thanks for that haha see how it goes.
    world of sikaflex (: